Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , Carlo once passed on signing Roberto Baggio because he didn't think that he could play in a 4-4-2 .
So do you really think that with a transfer window looming and the chance to bring in his own players that he will choose to play a system other that 4-4-2.

I believe Ancelotti is a clever manager hence the 3 CL wins and will look at things in the break. He may decide to stick with his system and be given the backing to bring his own players in or he may look at what hes got and adapt. That is the thing with great managers they can make a situation suit them. I just think switching to 4-3-3 is the cheaper option.

I think he (Gomes) is just not the player I expect him to be, with his build I expect him to be strong and have the ability to dominate a midfield a bit more (maybe a mental issue after injury, but similar beforehand), but he gets brushed off easily and is timid in the tackle. If he has someone to do that job for him I think he will be ok, but at the moment there is no one fit to do that.

He is good at passing, can get forward and can keep the ball moving, but can't be relied on much else. I think he's a good player and we should definitely keep him, but we need four good central midfielders and for games like last night stronger and aggressive.

It's a huge clear out that you are suggesting and I would not be opposed to it but sadly I think that it's probably unrealistic and perhaps the best we can hope for is for Carlo to bring in 2/3 new midfielders and those that we can't get rid of simply get no game time.

Davies / Bernard -- Surely a market for them at £10mil+ each

Delph -- £5.4mil+ from Leeds or anyone.

Gomes -- Swap deal with someone at Valencia or elsewhere

That leaves us with:

Walcott -- Season long loan

Sigurdsson - 2 year loan

Iwobi -- Swap deal somewhere

Im clutching at straws but i think we can shift them all apart from Iwobi and Sigurdsson who will be tough.

Sigurdsson looks like hes on his way anyway...

I believe Ancelotti is a clever manager hence the 3 CL wins and will look at things in the break. He may decide to stick with his system and be given the backing to bring his own players in or he may look at what hes got and adapt. That is the thing with great managers they can make a situation suit them. I just think switching to 4-3-3 is the cheaper option.

2 types of top managers.

Those that adapt the system to fit the players

Those that change the players to fit the system

The midfielders are so bad they cant adapt to anything. Thats why Ferguson and Ancelotti have seen success with a simple 442 system.

They need to be moved on...its pointless keeping any of them.

2 types of top managers.

The midfielders are so bad they cant adapt to anything. Thats why Ferguson and Ancelotti have seen success with a simple 442 system.

They need to be moved on...its pointless keeping any of them.

I think with a Vieria/ Essein type and a Barry type midfielder we could possibly play 4-4-2. It would also allow us to play 4-3-3 with Gomes as the 3rd midfielder. As I said above I'm happy to back Ancelotti with whatever he thinks is best.

2 types of top managers.

They need to be moved on...its pointless keeping any of them
This! We have a mishmash of players from multiple regimes all bought to the club by managers with very different philosophies to carry out very different roles. Whilst a couple have the potential, intelligence and time to adapt the majority can't or more worryingly won't. Gylfi is a prime example of that. We finally have an elite level manager but we're asking him (and in his short time he has) perform miracles with a very sub standard squad. If we are to benefit from his time here we need to let him pick any new signings not Brands who has massively under performed.

He needs to, it leave us light in midfield. I would like 4-3-3 because if you get the right player in the 6 role you can transition to 3-4-3. 4-4-2 was good as a one off tactic but if teams know you are going to play that way they can set up to expose the gaps.
He could play 1262 and we wouid be light in midfield witt the utter garbage at the club
Buy 2 quality centre mids and that wouid help

I think with a Vieria/ Essein type and a Barry type midfielder we could possibly play 4-4-2. It would also allow us to play 4-3-3 with Gomes as the 3rd midfielder. As I said above I'm happy to back Ancelotti with whatever he thinks is best.

Ive said a few times that i would go for Emerson, Gabriel, Sarr as the 3 main purchases. That way we have RB, CB, RM assist/goal threats in the first eleven.

Balance wise id do that and bring in 2 tackle machines in midfield.

Its similar to what we had under Royle in that regard with Hinchcliffe(Digne) Jackson(Emerson) Unsworth(Gabriel) Limpar(Gordon) Kanchelskis(Sarr).

Not exactly of course as theyre different players but with the assists/goals spread around.

in the centre we would be fine with players who can tackle and make simple passes to teammates.

Next summer id then upgrade on the centre mids. But the ones we sign this summer must love a tackle.

If we could get Zakaria or Tonali though thats a different kettle of fish.

Any actual transfer news/rumours or just people crying over last night?

im actually more angry now than when i watched the match. No links today.

This! We have a mishmash of players from multiple regimes all bought to the club by managers with very different philosophies to carry out very different roles. Whilst a couple have the potential, intelligence and time to adapt the majority can't or more worryingly won't. Gylfi is a prime example of that. We finally have an elite level manager but we're asking him (and in his short time he has) perform miracles with a very sub standard squad. If we are to benefit from his time here we need to let him pick any new signings not Brands who has massively under performed.

He'll tell brands the types he wants. Maybe even throw in names.

Brands will present him with a list and Ancelotti will tell him the priority order of the players.

Brands then negotiates.

He could play 1262 and we wouid be light in midfield witt the utter garbage at the club
Buy 2 quality centre mids and that wouid help

RB, RW, CB, CM, CM and maybe even another CM.

Has to be a mass overhaul now.

I knew we had half a squad at best but brands has to do something here.

Could be another 25m spent though mate on another crap midfielder. We need a couple of top end players in that midfield
Yeah I get that, just going and hoping it won’t be near £25m. We do, I’m hoping we go big there but can’t imagine it. But Hojbjerg has to be better than what Schneiderlin was, Delph, Davies etc are now

Yeah I get that, just going and hoping it won’t be near £25m. We do, I’m hoping we go big there but can’t imagine it. But Hojbjerg has to be better than what Schneiderlin was, Delph, Davies etc are now

My 7 year old daughter would be a better option than that lot mate and she won't cost 25m lol

We need to be bringing in quality, we've spent money on absolute bang average crap and that needs to end

My 7 year old daughter would be a better option than that lot mate and she won't cost 25m lol

We need to be bringing in quality, we've spent money on absolute bang average crap and that needs to end
Think he could be a good option, though I’ve not watched him loads. Could do with someone who goes under the radar and does the basics right. Need to take control of more games

We should simply put Sigurdsson on the transfer list, (do clubs still do that ?) After last night's non performance, come to the end of my tether with him, doesn't tackle at all, bottles out of that all together, laughingly tracks back but is far too slow to catch his man. Take a massive hit and cut our losses, the man isn't interested at all, feel sorry for any midfielder next to him because they might as well be on their own. His goals made up for his non performances last year in a low scoring team, this year well....he's just pointless. Centre mid or two, right back and winger please Brands pronto.

Part of the problem is that the majority of the midfield were bought for the 4231 that we originally adopted with Martinez (worked for 12 months due to Moyes defence and McCarthy/Barry partnership but then fell apart) and then largely persisted with until Ancelloti.

Gomes, Gbamin, Delph all bought for the '2' role, siggurdson, richarlison, Bernard, kean even Walcott (I know he was allardyce buy) all as part of the '3' behind the striker.

Of these only Richie, and to be fair Walcott at times, has shown they have a role in 442. The CM's are not dominant or leggy enough and the attackers are neither fish nor fowl in terms of genuine wing play or pass makers.

Gordon may have a role going forwards but absolutely critical to get two athletes in the centre of we are going to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.