Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why we should price him less than Chilwell? He’s got far more experience, can take set pieces, and contributes far more key oases than Chilwell does. It’s just because Chilwell is English and has that Leicester premium on him because Maguire went for big money.
Digne is worth 60 m minimum, I would not sell him though we have enough holes in the team.

Limited figures ive seen show no 1st team games and two u19 french caps. Do you have a link to his club and international appearances?

Homegrown means played for a club in England from 18-21.
I understand that but it is for that whole period, is it not? What age were Holgate and DCL when we signed them?

Back when the homegrown stuff came in a few years back. 8 homegrown players in the squad of 25 with 4 trained at the club. This doesn't include u21s, you can play as many kids as you like from wherever.

As far as I can see the trained at club rule was only ever proposed and was never made a rule.

Some of the most significant of Dyke’s 2015 proposals included:

• Homegrown players in a top-flight 25-man squad be increased from eight to 12 [1] two of whom must be brought up in the team's youth system
  • Tightening the definition of what it is to be a homegrown player as a consequence fewer foreign-born players would qualify
Dyke was replaced by Greg Clarke in 2016.

As far as I can see the trained at club rule was only ever proposed and was never made a rule.

Some of the most significant of Dyke’s 2015 proposals included:

• Homegrown players in a top-flight 25-man squad be increased from eight to 12 [1] two of whom must be brought up in the team's youth system
  • Tightening the definition of what it is to be a homegrown player as a consequence fewer foreign-born players would qualify
Dyke was replaced by Greg Clarke in 2016.
Fair enough, that makes things more straightforward then.

Status
Not open for further replies.