Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I dont really know how it works tbh.

Just thinking that we're not gonna be able to improve on Kenny by spending less that we receive for him

If you are going year by year selling the likes of Kenny, Davies, Pennington & Bernard would be a big help in allowing Carlo to spend this year.

I wouldnt want the club looking too much into the future as being realistic within the next 2-3 years the likes of Richarlison or Holgate will probably end up going for £80+ million to your Man Citys or Barca's and you have the BMD revenue & USM naming rights which I hope is atleast £20 million per year which will boost the revenues and help the books.

I think these next 2 years its important we get as much leeway as possible to give Carlo a good enough budget to improve the squad.

The plan would clearly have been for Dowell to go on loan again, and ultimately not be retained. I am something of an optimist when it comes to young players, and in truth Dowell has done very little to suggest he will make it here. His form has been patchy post Nottingham Forest.

Maybe though, at 22, with a summer to get his head down and injuries behind him, and being a lot bigger and stronger than say 2-3 years ago when he first broke onto the scene it may be the bit of fortune he needs. It doesn't look as if we will be making a huge quantity of signings, so he may get a chance to catch the eye?

My concern is Gordon did more last night than dowell has been able to do in his whole career here. He's definitely talented but needs a perm move to a championship club. He will probably return to the prem like the way lundstram and forshaw have, but i think the ship has sailed here, he's never done enough to say we should pick him.

I think the most serious issue we need to address is why we can never get talented youngsters to live up to their potential. You see youngsters from other top 6 clubs, they'll go into the championship and just tear it up, they're confident. But ours just seem to go through the emotions of failed loan after failed loan.

You look at someone like abraham who kept doing brilliantly on loan in the championship. Youd hardly say he was a level above all our youngsyers when playing under age England games. But he slotted in from the off, whereas ours make little impact. Think it's massively down to mentality.

Very highly thought of in France and been regular in their u16 to u21 levels ;-) Marseille fans I know annoyed his leaving but lots of internal issues there with DOF leaving and Manager looking to jump ship too due to Boardroom ;-( His 19 I think and has been involved in Marseille 1st team this season and had a few sub appearances
Marseille fans not happy as 1 of their biggest prospects but Boardroom issues there rocking boat too and financial issues there so if you wanted a good midfielder Morgan Sanson from there good option too to go for and we ve been linked before

Limited figures ive seen show no 1st team games and two u19 french caps. Do you have a link to his club and international appearances?

It's not just FFP we need to consider, though. Kenny is homegrown from within the club, we need 4 of those in our registered squad. Davies is another that people have proposed selling but the same applies to him. Who else do we have? I don't think DCL and Holgate signed early enough in their careers to qualify.

Homegrown means played for a club in England from 18-21.

But if we sell Kenny we will have to fork out at least all the money we make on him to buy a replacement, hence wiping any positive FFP cred.

So what would be the point of it? Or am i not understanding something about FFP here?
Might be a sensible FFP move to get a fee for Kenny and bring in someone like that young West Ham full back who is just put of contract. Apparently highly rated , cant recall his name , sorry.

Digne linked to Chelsea and City

Judging on yesterday, I think Digne would be a good, probably more affordable alternative to them to Chilwell. If we got £40+m that would be a good deal for us.

Some would disagree - but I would be all for Willian on a free for 1-2 seasons.

Lads miles ahead of any of our wide players and would allow us to spend more money on other areas like CM.

Judging on yesterday, I think Digne would be a good, probably more affordable alternative to them to Chilwell. If we got £40+m that would be a good deal for us.

I don’t know why we should price him less than Chilwell? He’s got far more experience, can take set pieces, and contributes far more key oases than Chilwell does. It’s just because Chilwell is English and has that Leicester premium on him because Maguire went for big money.

It's not just FFP we need to consider, though. Kenny is homegrown from within the club, we need 4 of those in our registered squad. Davies is another that people have proposed selling but the same applies to him. Who else do we have? I don't think DCL and Holgate signed early enough in their careers to qualify.
When did that come in?

Limited figures ive seen show no 1st team games and two u19 french caps. Do you have a link to his club and international appearances?

He was unused sub for 1st team 4 or 5 times this season and played 19 times for their B Team

Has 2 u18 caps alright but been in the french youth system from u16s up while at Brest

Status
Not open for further replies.