Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it great. We have a manager who has the ability to read a game and the intelligence to change things around to see out a game, that's a game we'd previously have lost or drawn after conceding. Michael Keane is really starting to look like the player we signed, perhaps he was poor due to the few previous managers inability to manage defenses properly.
We are playing to his strengths that why he looks good, once we play more expansive football he look awful again

Honestly, reading back through this thread after their goal went in is utterly embarrassing. As soon as the goal goes in the mentality switches to pure panic and doom and gloom. I'm so glad we're playing the last few games behind closed doors as it'll give this limited team a chance to gel and without the unnecessary pressure from fragile fans who can't control their emotions. People don't like to hear it but the doom and gloom attitude displayed in here around the time of the goal is part of the problem. We have a proper manager in charge now who knows how to set a team up, so trust him, and don't be so quick to scoff at him bringing on an extra midfielder or defender if he thinks that's what's needed.

It's almost as if some want us to lose so they can say "I told you so, we're terrible lad. I told yer! Same old Everton!"

Here's a few posts before I got bored.
That’s all comes from years of Moyes, go ahead, put a defender on for an attacker and concede. Going to take a few years to get rid of it, I totally agree and was thinking about how nervous it would be with the crowd

Table since Carlo took charge of 1st game v Burnley

View attachment 92807

That's hugely encouraging with all of our limitations.

The players have stepped up their efforts for Ancelotti, and we look fitter and more disciplined, and have a bit more steel about us, when it comes to getting through tough patches in games.

That was in evidence again yesterday, when we were under the cosh for large periods.

The RS cup defeat, the Chelsea loss and the dropped points vs. Newcastle were the only disapointments, but we made up in part for the cup defeat in the derby.

A GD of +2 clearly suggests we have to work immensely hard for points, which we are doing. That's the basic ingredient and at least we seem to have that now.

We can't really expect much more at present,

Great save when it was needed.Give it a rest.One of the best goalies we have had in forty years.

Sorry, I won't be giving it a rest mate - baby Hart isn't good enough for Everton. I'd say he's prob 6th on my list of best keepers for us over last 40 years, and there I may be being generous to him.

Pickford is a keeper who can occasionally make great saves, but it's the basic, bread and butter stuff that he isn't very good at (commanding his box/calming situations/organisation of the defence/even his kicking is atrocious) - then you add his many moments of madness/ADHD fueled fuckwittery (yesterdays nonsense/the origi derby etc etc etc) where he tries to throw the ball into his own net, and your point is on its arse.

Often, he then thinks it's ok to start laughing his balls off at the complete chaos he is causing in our defence, or when he has hoofed the ball into someone's face in the top balc for the 15th time in the game.

How can any defender or team play well when you know you have Pickford chimping around behind you? Franco baresi would be crapping himself if Pickford was his keeper FFS.

Imo, unless be cuts out the bad stuff and sorts his head out, we won't win any games/competition's, consistently, with Pickford in our goal - simply because he is inconsistent. We may spawn a cup or whatever, but that's all it would be, luck.

Look at any winning teams throughout history - tell me one team that had a keeper like Pickford, as I can't think of one?

Honestly, reading back through this thread after their goal went in is utterly embarrassing. As soon as the goal goes in the mentality switches to pure panic and doom and gloom. I'm so glad we're playing the last few games behind closed doors as it'll give this limited team a chance to gel and without the unnecessary pressure from fragile fans who can't control their emotions. People don't like to hear it but the doom and gloom attitude displayed in here around the time of the goal is part of the problem. We have a proper manager in charge now who knows how to set a team up, so trust him, and don't be so quick to scoff at him bringing on an extra midfielder or defender if he thinks that's what's needed.

It's almost as if some want us to lose so they can say "I told you so, we're terrible lad. I told yer! Same old Everton!"

It's understand your frustration at fellow blues and I get where you are coming from, but you forget we are Everton, ballsing games up is what we do!

Also, we have all been conditioned to behave and react this way as a self defence mechanism, from the [Poor language removed] managers we have had in recent years (Koeman/fat Sam/especially Silva).

It will take many of us some time to get used to having a truly world class manager in our dugout, who has the skill and experience to affect games positively, even with perceived negative substitutions (extra defender etc).

We also know many of these players Carlo is currently stuck with have a huge yellow streak running through them - they have proven this to us on many occasions, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - So I can forgive fellow toffees for reacting like they have on this thread to that performance.

Anyway, 3 points in the sham league UPTF.

Sorry, I won't be giving it a rest mate - baby Hart isn't good enough for Everton. I'd say he's prob 6th on my list of best keepers for us over last 40 years, and there I may be being generous to him.

Pickford is a keeper who can occasionally make great saves, but it's the basic, bread and butter stuff that he isn't very good at (commanding his box/calming situations/organisation of the defence/even his kicking is atrocious) - then you add his many moments of madness/ADHD fueled fuckwittery (yesterdays nonsense/the origi derby etc etc etc) where he tries to throw the ball into his own net, and your point is on its arse.

Often, he then thinks it's ok to start laughing his balls off at the complete chaos he is causing in our defence, or when he has hoofed the ball into someone's face in the top balc for the 15th time in the game.

How can any defender or team play well when you know you have Pickford chimping around behind you? Franco baresi would be crapping himself if Pickford was his keeper FFS.

Imo, unless be cuts out the bad stuff and sorts his head out, we won't win any games/competition's, consistently, with Pickford in our goal - simply because he is inconsistent. We may spawn a cup or whatever, but that's all it would be, luck.

Look at any winning teams throughout history - tell me one team that had a keeper like Pickford, as I can't think of one?

Got to admit this really winds me up.

Laughing his head off yesterday after he completely messed up and almost gifted them an equaliser.

Needless to say none of the defenders were laughing with him

The best quotes are when they know much better than CA.

I am taking this as a " win is win " , Manager who reads the game perfectly , changes when & were it is required which the players respect and respond accordingly
, Leicester will feel hard done , but its the ball in the onion bag what counts , biggest plus for me is how we have progressed defensively , Keane and Holgate combination .
Squad still needs sorting out but its moving in the right direction , IMO Midfield biggest concern .
COYB

One which we led all day and lost late in extra time and the other was a 2-2 draw. The match, not the result.

And what?

What's that saying about if your auntie had balls?

My point was very simple to this;

I don’t expect total football. I’d like us to actually keep hold of the ball, at home, against a side who’s in terrible form for at least 5 minutes.

we’re set up to lose - it’s old fashioned tactics and if Big Sam was doing it we’d all want blood.

^ It's all negative and strips out all context and balance, this is some of that;

Interesting how you neglected to mention they are the 3rd best team in the league who have beat us twice this season already

We played Leicester twice without Ancelotti this season, and lost both times. I don't care if we were winning at points in those games, the outcome was defeat. As it was last season at Goodison as well.

3rd placed Leicester are no mugs - we beat them.

Without Ancelotti, we lose that game yesterday.

Sick of crank fans who do nothing but moan and whine - jokers comparing Ancelotti to Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.