Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the same logic mate DCL would have been binned off 2 years ago

....I think with DCL there were ‘signs’ that he had something. I remember seeing him for the U23s against City and saying on here he’d be in the first team by Christmas.

Anthony Gordon made an interesting comment this week, saying he’s getting more game time because ‘Ancelotti trusts him’. It was the same with DCL, he wasn’t pulling up trees but his manager trusted him to do a job. He was a safe option.

I really don’t think there’s a level of trust in Kean, he can look a bit calamitous when he comes on. Ferguson was so terrified, he brought him off after bringing him on!!

....I think with DCL there were ‘signs’ that he had something. I remember seeing him for the U23s against City and saying on here he’d be in the first team by Christmas.

Anthony Gordon made an interesting comment this week, saying he’s getting more game time because ‘Ancelotti trusts him’. It was the same with DCL, he wasn’t pulling up trees but his manager trusted him to do a job. He was a safe option.

I really don’t think there’s a level of trust in Kean, he can look a bit calamitous when he comes on. Ferguson was so terrified, he brought him off after bringing him on.
I think the thing with Kean is that he feels he has to produce something special whenever he gets on and that is affecting him .

I expect them to call the whole thing off when the second wave hits

Liverpool have got their trophy now. They’ll just points per game the rest of it I reckon

This one will probably still happen, which will annoy me because it’s putting our players at unnecessary risk, and they’ll jack the rest of it in

Cant have a 2nd wave if you never leave the 1st.

Damn well need to win. Look at Burnley another 1-0 win, 3 points and they are upto 8th. Also Pope now holding the most clean sheets figure for the PL.

Okay their football is not brilliant but hey a win is a win and it is points that count more than GD.

Hang on.... nah! Everyone used to moan at Allardyce for this lol

I think the thing with Kean is that he feels he has to produce something special whenever he gets on and that is affecting him .

Would be nice if he ever did. Doesn’t look like a consistent type at all to me, far too erratic.

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Digne
Iwobi - Sigurdsson - Gomes - Bernard
DCL - Richarlison​

Can't imagine any other line up unless Carlo swaps Keane for Mina. If we keep that defensive shape and discipline that we've shown since the restart but add in a bit more confidence on the ball I think we could win comfortably. A lot depends on Gomes and Sigurdsson in this game - far often too they're too easy to get past, hopefully Maddison misses out as I feel he'd run them ragged.

Pickford
DCL - Richarlison​

Can't imagine any other line up unless Carlo swaps Keane for Mina. If we keep that defensive shape and discipline that we've shown since the restart but add in a bit more confidence on the ball I think we could win comfortably. A lot depends on Gomes and Sigurdsson in this game - far often too they're too easy to get past, hopefully Maddison misses out as I feel he'd run them ragged.

Doubt he would swap Keane after last game mate.

Pickford
DCL - Richarlison​

Would be harsh to drop Keane, Imagine he'll be a 20 minute run out sub.

Reckon he will throw Gordon back into the mix over Bernard though.

I really don’t think there’s a level of trust in Kean, he can look a bit calamitous when he comes on. Ferguson was so terrified, he brought him off after bringing him on!!

You're both right really. Calvert Lewin always did enough to get game time. You can see why managers liked him, because he was a big strong lad and a willing runner. He was fortunate though, that he broke into the team under managers who liked to play more direct and in a summer where we failed to sign a centre forward. We've been up and down for 2-3 years and that has given him exposure.

I mean there are still big holes in the squad where if a young player was given a chance they could make it their own. However the hope will be thats not always there. Thats not to be cruel, but the hope is, we quickly become a top 6 team where we start to get more consistency from the players.

Gordon has done very well though. I'm not sure why he was dropped post Liverpool but it could just be that Ancleotti wanted his defensive running against Liverpool. While I don't think it was all down to Gordon, Arnold didn't create a single chance in open play in that game. I think having someone with such an athletic build, back in shape probably curtailed Arnold a bit.

Where we are as a club now though, we won't get away with passengers, so it's good Gordon can be relied upon without the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.