Your Memories Of Your Favourite Football Hardman `Bernie The Bolt Wright`

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes were good fans , we have to be we get a lot of stick about millwall , and closing down blackpool pleasure beach now we only get games away on a tuesday at 8 p.m things like that , leeds , the wall falling down and killing them fans , the villa games when we fired rockets at them out of drain pipes ,, so on and so on , its any little thing with these f.a.people . we even win the league cup and beat arsenal and get relegated then they come off with bullshit when were a chance of the play offs and dock us 15 points nonsense . not only that they said we were fraud in appointing the gezzer from hong kong , really well the fa vetted him and said he had billions in the bank , we all said he`s only a hairdresser i dont think so , they vetted him , then dock us . .then after all thats done they run round doug ellis house for a cup of tea

Remember the Zulus making merry in a game at Blackpool back in 89 think it was. Watched a load of them wheeling a couple of poker machine out of the Dutton Arms on the south prom and across the tram tracks and onto the beach. A day of mayhem still talked about to this day.

Remember the Zulus making merry in a game at Blackpool back in 89 think it was. Watched a load of them wheeling a couple of poker machine out of the Dutton Arms on the south prom and across the tram tracks and onto the beach. A day of mayhem still talked about to this day.
crackers lol , yes we talk about it , but dont do english football many favours , i was at villa blues , i looked to my left 3 blokes hold drain pipes 3 at the front bunging rockets in , straight in the away end , villa then smashed the whole away end the dust - we waited 2 hours for them down the tilton road , by then numbers were even - but west brom come back from an away game and come joined us .

chess champ , referee for 20 years and he was sharp m8 , normally the fittest bloke on the park - you lot are scoucers at the end of the day , you have the stock me n dad have area wise , banter and all that , he`s the sort that you lot would take to your heart , no matter how naughty you keep going with him lol however its good to see the soap opera unfold and see it to the end when its all gone wrong.
Theses chess competitions was a case of Whiskey first prize by any chance lol

i can not be sure joey lol wouldn`t be surprised , to be fair dad was a great player , he knew every opening , he also could say them in latin , mind you dad passed all 10 o levels at grammer school
It's a pity he never spotted more goals in for us - he was in a team that was starting to struggle though ......he jumped that high you could have fitted a ciggarrette paper under his studs to the turf...

It's a pity he never spotted more goals in for us - he was in a team that was starting to struggle though ......he jumped that high you could have fitted a ciggarrette paper under his studs to the turf...
this is the difference between me and you mate - your telling me things i dont know so im learning , i did not know everton were struggling at this point , he still didn`t do himself many favours tho really

this is the difference between me and you mate - your telling me things i dont know so im learning , i did not know everton were struggling at this point , he still didn`t do himself many favours tho really
here joey66 some pics ive dug out , you may have seen them b4 mate .
v5.jpg
v4.jpg
v3.jpg
v1.jpg
v1.jpg
v3.jpg
v3.jpg

dug some pics out joey66 , you may already have them

MICK EVANS - Walsall , Years gone by :

The biggest game of the season was a trip to Everton in the 4th round of the FA Cup before a crowd of 45,462 in which he scored Saddlers goal in the dying seconds of the game. One player from that cup run who left an impression on him and everyone else around at the time was Bernie Wright.

“He always seemed to wear the same shirts, complete with brown sauce stains! I don’t think he owned a coat or even a jumper. He just turned up in winter in the same open necked shirts. He would ask me to give him a lift after some Saturday games and when I asked him where he wanted dropping off the reply would always be ‘Anywhere where there’s a club open!”

“He came into training one Monday morning with his face full of cuts.. Apparently he was in dispute with the owner of an Indian restaurant where Bernie wouldn’t pay the bill as he thought the quality of the food wasn’t up to scratch. He was adamant he was not paying It seems there was a bit of a fracas as he was lashing out at the kitchen staff who were in turn prodding his face with forks!

I remember him! Glad to read that your dad still looks out for the blues.
Have you seen Rob Sawyer’s biography of Harry Catterick? Bernie gets a couple of vivid mentions in it - e.g. ‘his best remembered on-field contribution was breaking an opponent’s toe with his head’. Maybe not remembered for football feats but he certainly made his mark and isn’t forgotten. Best wishes to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.