2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he did alright there. He ran that right channel as an outlet from deep at the end a couple of times.

DCL clearly doesn't rate him though.

I don't think he rates DCL either lol the pair of them seemed very reluctant to play off each other.

tbf to Kean I thought he was excellent at home to Newcastle and then has barely had a look in since. Probably thought he had done enough that game to warrant another start and since then DCL and Richarlison have got a good partnership of sorts going and he hasn't had a look in.

He almost lost the ball, got covered by Gomes who set him off. He then didn't know what to do.

He's not lazy, he's just not fit. Don't think he's been fit all season or at least conditioned to play at this pace cos I've never seen a player looked goosed after 15mins of football after a couple of sprints.

Can't write him off due to his age...but I've not seen a "thing" from him apart from he's quick (and not rapid) that makes you go "oh, okay,"
That was a perfect example of why his days are almost certainly numbered here. He may be young, but the fact remains that he wasn't bought for the '23s, and if he can't even be trusted to help see the game out for 10 minutes, he's no use to a team that isn't in a position to carry passengers.

Admittedly, I thought the same about Iwobi after the Arsenal game, but whereas he's shown a willingness to go back to basics and build from there - in these last two games at least - Kean isn't even getting his head up when he hasn't been on the pitch long enough to break sweat.

I'll be shocked if he isn't back in Italy next season.

Would disagree with all of that to be honest mate. He did get in behind the shape, it was the first time in the game we countered and got in behind, that’s after the guts of 80 mins pumping balls, pushing shape our forward or trying to break with support, he did it himself, he also did what every good striker does he cut the angle from the touch line to head for the box, Cantwell pulled him down because no one was stopping him heading to goal. You can choose to minimise it, that’s fine it’s subjective and all our opinions are on judging players. I’m cool with others not sharing mine. But I think this kid is incredibly talented based on what I’ve seen, his headroom to develop is massive. I’m really excited by him.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it was a terrible piece of play, he carried the ball a long way forward which was good, and he won a free kick, which was also good. I just didn’t think there was anything particularly impressive about it. He just had some space to run into and he ran into it. But once he got into the space it was like he had no idea what to do. Fair enough if you’re seeing special talent there, I’m really not. I really hope he stays and turns into the world class talent people talk about, but that looks a long way away at the minute.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it was a terrible piece of play, he carried the ball a long way forward which was good, and he won a free kick, which was also good. I just didn’t think there was anything particularly impressive about it. He just had some space to run into and he ran into it. But once he got into the space it was like he had no idea what to do. Fair enough if you’re seeing special talent there, I’m really not. I really hope he stays and turns into the world class talent people taabout, but that looks a long way away at the minute.

Yeah we would assess that phase quite differently and that fair enough it’s good to differ.

I see immense talent if I’m honest, I’m probably more excited about him now then I was when we signed him. I think he’s going to be unstoppable (fairly). It’s actually his physicality Id really like to see him improve. The only way to stop him is to foul him a lot of the time and he’s still a bit physically underveloped to how he will be.

Think he’s a gem and I’ll call it now even though the popular stock is low.

That was a perfect example of why his days are almost certainly numbered here. He may be young, but the fact remains that he wasn't bought for the '23s, and if he can't even be trusted to help see the game out for 10 minutes, he's no use to a team that isn't in a position to carry passengers.

Admittedly, I thought the same about Iwobi after the Arsenal game, but whereas he's shown a willingness to go back to basics and build from there - in these last two games at least - Kean isn't even getting his head up when he hasn't been on the pitch long enough to break sweat.I'll be shocked if he isn't back in Italy next season.

Maybe he'll go on loan if Carlo does really rate him? Have to remember he is only 19; look at the difference of DCL he looks like a totally different player than he did when he joined. Just that we only paid £1,5 million for DCL and a fortune for Kean.

I think he needs to start. He comes on with 10 minutes to go and he is trying too hard as he knows he only has a limited time to make an impression. I would like to see both him and Gordon get the last half hour as a minimum but ideally they would both start. If they started and not exactly tearing it up what a pair of subs Richarlison and DCL would be to bring on.

If he comes good he comes good if he doesn’t, he doesn’t and we sell him. Not really the end of the world or something to get so heated about really is it?

It was a bad decision in that area of the pitch mate - I’d acknowledge that and I mentioned his in game decision making is something he needs coaching to improve, but i think to be fair there are more senior players who made equally poor decions in and around the box tonight, I’m thinking Séamus and Pickford.

But for all that I was thinking go on Moise on your bike lad, because you know what he has it, that spark. The recovery was brilliant, pace atlethisim and the only time we got in behind the Norwich defensive shape, DCL, nor Richarison did it. Moise did and drew a professional foul that if he was more savvy and expierenced could of been a peno.

That phase of play is the duality I’m talking about, poor decision making, poor team work but the quality to run the length of the pitch with pace, skill, technical ability and athleticism, the only player to get in behind the Norwuch defensive line and get you on the edge of your seat. That is Moise at the moment, natural quality and skill sets in abundance, but he needs coaching in and developing the adapted skills of the game. But he’s a player in my opinion, miles of headroom and a gem.

I don’t think he’s unfit, but I agree he could have done with preseason with us, I think it’s the pace, speed of the game and the stamina piece he’s adjusting to, but again all coachable.

What he needed was a preseason + stability to adapt. Hes had the opposite with the manager changes and now covid.

Watching him, hes 'got the lot' but its a case I think of Ancelotti harnessing his ability and putting the focus on doing the basics well...

The same as hes done with DCL, Richarlison and Holgate and of course, Keane and Coleman. If Kean gets the basics right then his ability will shine through.

Thats what I said in the todays footie thread last week - look at Mason Greenwood full of pace, up and down the pitch tracking back, passes the ball and makes the right runs/space to get a shot away.

This lad is nowhere near ready and at the minimum needs a loan move away to get regular minutes under his belt as 5-10 minutes here and there will do nothing for his development.

I worry though that he'll just mess around out on loan and have off the field problems / turning up late to training when not around EFC which is why for me I would sell / swap deal for a Belotti/Schick this summer.

Rather than comparing to Mason Greenwood who has had consistent development at the same team since childhood, cant we compare Kean to a 19 year old moving overseas with 3 management changes before his 20th birthday?

I cant think of another 20 year old whose had the same turbulence when moving to a new club and shining...

Any ideas?

Would disagree with all of that to be honest mate. He did get in behind the shape, it was the first time in the game we countered and got in behind, that’s after the guts of 80 mins pumping balls, pushing shape our forward or trying to break with support, he did it himself, he also did what every good striker does he cut the angle from the touch line to head for the box, Cantwell pulled him down because no one was stopping him heading to goal. You can choose to minimise it, that’s fine it’s subjective and all our opinions are on judging players. I’m cool with others not sharing mine. But I think this kid is incredibly talented based on what I’ve seen, his headroom to develop is massive. I’m really excited by him.

Its similar to Todibo. Not played many games overseas, massively talented and been 'world class' in snippets but needs to be coached to do the basics.

I think the reason is that in the younger age groups they found everything so easy...also at Barca and Juve they have superstars around them which gives them more freedom.

Our midfield is shocking and i think we'll see a new Kean next season.

Admittedly, I thought the same about Iwobi after the Arsenal game, but whereas he's shown a willingness to go back to basics and build from there - in these last two games at least - Kean isn't even getting his head up when he hasn't been on the pitch long enough to break sweat.

I'll be shocked if he isn't back in Italy next season.

Hes 1 year older than Anthony Gordon.

If you allow 1 year to adapt (and bear in mind hes had zero stability) would you say theres a far better player in Gordon whose had an advantage of coming through the ranks...

...id say both players need a stable season developing under Ancelotti.

Yeah we would assess that phase quite differently and that fair enough it’s good to differ.

I see immense talent if I’m honest, I’m probably more excited about him now then I was when we signed him. I think he’s going to be unstoppable (fairly). It’s actually his physicality Id really like to see him improve. The only way to stop him is to foul him a lot of the time and he’s still a bit physically underveloped to how he will be.

Think he’s a gem and I’ll call it now even though the popular stock is low.

Will be interesting to see him after a preseason and with Ancelottis coaching helping him develop.

I think he needs to start. He comes on with 10 minutes to go and he is trying too hard as he knows he only has a limited time to make an impression. I would like to see both him and Gordon get the last half hour as a minimum but ideally they would both start. If they started and not exactly tearing it up what a pair of subs Richarlison and DCL would be to bring on.

Its a difficult one as we need to win to get Europe.

I think both need cameos of 20mins a game and a full preseason...love them starting though.

Last time I heard the word raw was when we signed Niasse.

In a football sense only i imagine... lol

He needs to up his fitness levels. I know it was hot yesterday but he was blowing bubbles outa his arse after one run..

I think the fact he came from Juve added to the pressure. We also needed an experienced striker and Kean is a developing talent. 2-3 years time is when to judge him but we need another forward desperately to take the pressure off our front two and its unrealistic to expect that straight away from Moise.

I think the fact he came from Juve added to the pressure. We also needed an experienced striker and Kean is a developing talent. 2-3 years time is when to judge him but we need another forward desperately to take the pressure off our front two and its unrealistic to expect that straight away from Moise.
Bold prediction: he won’t be at Everton in 2-3 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.