2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is his talent?
source.gif

He almost lost the ball, got covered by Gomes who set him off. He then didn't know what to do.

He's not lazy, he's just not fit. Don't think he's been fit all season or at least conditioned to play at this pace cos I've never seen a player looked goosed after 15mins of football after a couple of sprints.

Can't write him off due to his age...but I've not seen a "thing" from him apart from he's quick (and not rapid) that makes you go "oh, okay,"

It was a bad decision in that area of the pitch mate - I’d acknowledge that and I mentioned his in game decision making is something he needs coaching to improve, but i think to be fair there are more senior players who made equally poor decions in and around the box tonight, I’m thinking Séamus and Pickford.

But for all that I was thinking go on Moise on your bike lad, because you know what he has it, that spark. The recovery was brilliant, pace atlethisim and the only time we got in behind the Norwich defensive shape, DCL, nor Richarison did it. Moise did and drew a professional foul that if he was more savvy and expierenced could of been a peno.

That phase of play is the duality I’m talking about, poor decision making, poor team work but the quality to run the length of the pitch with pace, skill, technical ability and athleticism, the only player to get in behind the Norwuch defensive line and get you on the edge of your seat. That is Moise at the moment, natural quality and skill sets in abundance, but he needs coaching in and developing the adapted skills of the game. But he’s a player in my opinion, miles of headroom and a gem.

I don’t think he’s unfit, but I agree he could have done with preseason with us, I think it’s the pace, speed of the game and the stamina piece he’s adjusting to, but again all coachable.

Last edited:
It's difficult to come on with 10 minutes to go and adjust to the pace of the game. It's harsh to be critical of him. The most worrying thing for me is that offensively, we were really poor and Carlo only gives him 10 minutes to impress. If he wants to nurture this guy, or thought he was any good, he'd be getting more minutes for what still is, a poor team.

He almost lost the ball, got covered by Gomes who set him off. He then didn't know what to do.

He's not lazy, he's just not fit. Don't think he's been fit all season or at least conditioned to play at this pace cos I've never seen a player looked goosed after 15mins of football after a couple of sprints.

Can't write him off due to his age...but I've not seen a "thing" from him apart from he's quick (and not rapid) that makes you go "oh, okay,"

Thats what I said in the todays footie thread last week - look at Mason Greenwood full of pace, up and down the pitch tracking back, passes the ball and makes the right runs/space to get a shot away.

This lad is nowhere near ready and at the minimum needs a loan move away to get regular minutes under his belt as 5-10 minutes here and there will do nothing for his development.

I worry though that he'll just mess around out on loan and have off the field problems / turning up late to training when not around EFC which is why for me I would sell / swap deal for a Belotti/Schick this summer.

People saying its the pace of the game that he needs to get to grips with, if he doesnt get the pace of these covid matches were there basically like pre season kick abouts then he has problems

It all went a bit United away at times with the walking around.

Ferguson would have had him off again in under 5 mins there.

the quality to run the length of the pitch with pace, skill, technical ability and athleticism, the only player to get in behind the Norwuch defensive line

Are you talking about the one where he Cantwell fouled him?

If so then you're going way OTT there.

The lad picked it up, ran unchallenged in a straight line, couldn't make his mind up and Cantwell caught him and legged him up.

I could have done what he did there tbh.

I actually thought he did alright there. He ran that right channel as an outlet from deep at the end a couple of times.

DCL clearly doesn't rate him though.

It was a bad decision in that area of the pitch mate - I’d acknowledge that and I mentioned his in game decision making is something he needs coaching to improve, but i think to be fair there are more senior players who made equally poor decions in and around the box tonight, I’m thinking Séamus and Pickford.

But for all that I was thinking go on Moise on your bike lad, because you know what he has it, that spark. The recovery was brilliant, pace atlethisim and the only time we got in behind the Norwich defensive shape, DCL, nor Richarison did it. Moise did and drew a professional foul that if he was more savvy and expierenced could of been a peno.

That phase of play is the duality I’m talking about, poor decision making, poor team work but the quality to run the length of the pitch with pace, skill, technical ability and athleticism, the only player to get in behind the Norwuch defensive line and get you on the edge of your seat. That is Moise at the moment, natural quality and skill sets in abundance, but he needs coaching in and developing the adapted skills of the game. But he’s a player in my opinion, miles of headroom and a gem.

I don’t think he’s unfit, but I agree he could have done with preseason with us, I think it’s the pace, speed of the game and the stamina piece he’s adjusting to, but again all coachable.
What would you say was impressive about the run ending in the foul? He didn’t get behind them, they’d pushed everyone forward for a last minute corner and we broke. He tried to give it away, got away with it, ran in a straight line, then ran straight into trouble, closing down everyone’s space as he did so. He showed decent pace, that was about it.

What would you say was impressive about the run ending in the foul? He didn’t get behind them, they’d pushed everyone forward for a last minute corner and we broke. He tried to give it away, got away with it, ran in a straight line, then ran straight into trouble, closing down everyone’s space as he did so. He showed decent pace, that was about it.

Would disagree with all of that to be honest mate. He did get in behind the shape, it was the first time in the game we countered and got in behind, that’s after the guts of 80 mins pumping balls, pushing shape our forward or trying to break with support, he did it himself, he also did what every good striker does he cut the angle from the touch line to head for the box, Cantwell pulled him down because no one was stopping him heading to goal. You can choose to minimise it, that’s fine it’s subjective and all our opinions are on judging players. I’m cool with others not sharing mine. But I think this kid is incredibly talented based on what I’ve seen, his headroom to develop is massive. I’m really excited by him.

Last edited:
Really poor in that cameo, the moment where he picked the ball up in our box very late in the game and tried to dribble up field with it? Eff's he doing?! Christ get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.