Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a painful one, we can’t get up for it at a full rocking goodison, we’ve no chance in an empty stadium.
We will show the same intensity as that training game last week.

I just hope there’s a few surprises in our line up just to stir up a bit of interest in watching it.

....I think this is a real test of Ancelotti’s tactical and organisational skills. They are a much superior team than us but we can be competitive and make it difficult.

i fear the outcome is inevitable, but we’ll know a lot more about Ancelotti. He has to be accountable regardless of his CV.

....I think this is a real test of Ancelotti’s tactical and organisational skills. They are a much superior team than us but we can be competitive and make it difficult.

i fear the outcome is inevitable, but we’ll know a lot more about Ancelotti. He has to be accountable regardless of his CV.
True but he is hampered by who he has available. We would need everyone fit to play 100% and for Liverpool to be slightly off it to win. I'd take a draw now but without the crowd the best team will usually win....

This will be a painful one, we can’t get up for it at a full rocking goodison, we’ve no chance in an empty stadium.
We will show the same intensity as that training game last week.

I just hope there’s a few surprises in our line up just to stir up a bit of interest in watching it.
I’m hoping that the streaks of piss wearing the blue shirt at the moment will prefer playing in empty stadiums and possibly up their games

True but he is hampered by who he has available. We would need everyone fit to play 100% and for Liverpool to be slightly off it to win. I'd take a draw now but without the crowd the best team will usually win....

...I’m not really having that. Players unavailable is exactly why I say it’s a test of his tactical and organisational ability. We can still make things difficult and be hard to beat.

its a good test for Ancelotti, he doesn’t get a free ride, he should be judged by how we do.

Not having this defeatist attitude, yes our record is diabolical but there is a time to change that and that time is now.

This is a nailed on draw, they'll beat palace, city will beat them and they'll stumble over the line sometime in a massive anti climax.

pre-match teamtalk for sunday

"empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water, now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot, now water can flow ,or it can crash, be water my friend"
You appear to be suggesting we engage them in the ancient art of Kung Fu.

I can get on board with that actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.