Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our recent history against Liverpool is shameful and we just have to take it on the chin when they decide to have some fun at our expense.

But, nothing stays the same forever, a result for us on Sunday would be nice but it will be the performance more than anything that counts.
We need to see players who are interested in fighting for the jersey. Too often in recent games we have seen the lack of character more than the lack of ability in some of our players.

In my opinion the next number of games will tell us a lot about the future of Moise Kean.
He has been at the club now for almost a full season, has been able to settle into the league and the City.

The lockdown has meant that all players came back to training on an even footing, we are missing four players through injury and weirdly we seem to have a rather threadbare squad.... if he can't make an impact now , then I think it may never happen.

What I wanna know is, why have we picked up so many injuries when the useless bunch haven't kicked a ball in anger for over 3 months?

Our recent history against Liverpool is shameful and we just have to take it on the chin when they decide to have some fun at our expense.

But, nothing stays the same forever, a result for us on Sunday would be nice but it will be the performance more than anything that counts.
We need to see players who are interested in fighting for the jersey. Too often in recent games we have seen the lack of character more than the lack of ability in some of our players.

In my opinion the next number of games will tell us a lot about the future of Moise Kean.
He has been at the club now for almost a full season, has been able to settle into the league and the City.

The lockdown has meant that all players came back to training on an even footing, we are missing four players through injury and weirdly we seem to have a rather threadbare squad.... if he can't make an impact now , then I think it may never happen.

I agree that the first point is to start making this a competitive fixture once again.

We can't match their talent, but we can match their workrate.

We only ever seem to get a mixture of the players trapped between shock and awe, and worse, a disgusting lethargy and timidness that seems to take over.

They are the better side, they'll beat us more often than not, but we should still expect the odd 2 or 3 wins in 10 against them on a regular basis, especially at home.

The cup game was a new low for us in this fixture, and the worst thing was it surprised absolutely nobody. Not even them, I don't think.

The appeal of the derby has been massively diminished, and it's actually Evertons fault for once, and not theirs. It's a day out for them and a visit to a deranged dentist for us.

What I wanna know is, why have we picked up so many injuries when the useless bunch haven't kicked a ball in anger for over 3 months?

Because they've all been rushed back as a stupid farce. Just look at arsensl with two injuries within the first 20 mins, loads of clubs will experience this, we're just the unluckiest it seems over the last few years.

This game is a non-event for me. The fans and the connection they have with each other and the players is what makes a derby a derby (or any top flight game come to that). I'm as jaded as the next blue when it comes to this fixture, but at least with the crowd, even if watching it on the television, there is that shared experience with like-minded folk that connects us all. Without that, it is just a bunch of blokes kicking a ball about, while their shouts and yells bounce off empty seats.
I'll watch it, of course, driven, if not solely by just curiosity in the weirdness of the whole thing, but by some ingrained need to see Everton (win or lose) play a game.
Either way, I am sure I will not be as engaged in it, or drawn in by it as I should be.
This is a derby game, at home!
Whatever... :coffee:

:rant: Those Jarg souvenir stalls are back on Church Street.

Selling RS cack to people who have never been to Analfield in the last 15 years.

I agree that the first point is to start making this a competitive fixture once again.

We can't match their talent, but we can match their workrate.

We only ever seem to get a mixture of the players trapped between shock and awe, and worse, a disgusting lethargy and timidness that seems to take over.

They are the better side, they'll beat us more often than not, but we should still expect the odd 2 or 3 wins in 10 against them on a regular basis, especially at home.

The cup game was a new low for us in this fixture, and the worst thing was it surprised absolutely nobody. Not even them, I don't think.

The appeal of the derby has been massively diminished, and it's actually Evertons fault for once, and not theirs. It's a day out for them and a visit to a deranged dentist for us.
When a team gets into a winning habit they can seem better than maybe they really are.
I am not convinced this Liverpool team is full of superstar footballers but it is packed with players who absolutely believe they will win every game.

A chink had appeared in games leading up to the lockdown and nobody knows what form any team will show when they start playing again.

If we go out believing we are going to lose then there is no point playing
I would like to see us sit deep, crowd midfield and hit them on the break.
The last thing we want to do is give them space in our half of the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.