Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Cadamarteri scores Everton’s second goal against Liverpool FC in the 75th minute of this Merseyside derby match played on the 18th October 1997 at Goodison Park.

He had so much going for him that lad. People talk about Kenny as the wasted talent but Cadamateri performed at the top then went rapidly downhill.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH LIVERPOOL P/C

Carlo Feeling good

I feel good, the period was so long. It will be a very difficult game but it is a great opportunity to come back with a good result and performance.

Yerry Mina and Fabian Delph out
Ancelotti confirms Mina and Delph are certainly out of the derby
They join Gbamin and Walcott on the sidelines

Pleased with Andre Gomes
I think Gomes is really important for us. He's comfortable on the pitch, we are really pleased he is back

Opportunity knocks
We have to consider this game as a great opportunity. It will be difficult of course because Liverpool are one of the best in the world, but we have to try

Focus on Everton
We are not so focused on what Liverpool are going to do in the future. They won't win the title at our home, but that doesn't matter
Our goal is not the goal of Liverpool. It’s to try to reach a good position in the table, to try and qualify for the Europa League next season

Klopp respect
We've met a lot of time in games. Apart from a professional relationship, I feel good when I talk to him. He's an honest man and a great professional

Happy to be home
I’m pleased that the game is at Goodison Park but I’m not pleased that the game will be without supporters
I know the Everton fans look for this game, we know really well what we have to do. We have to play a perfect game showing character, sacrifice and personality, We know what we have to do. To beat Liverpool, you have to do more than 100%.

Great unknown
It is going to be weird for the players playing in front of an empty Goodison Park and Ancelotti has no idea how they will react
We don't know how the players will react without supporters, we will see

Managing the situation
Everyone in football says your supporters are the 12th man, but we have to respect the procedure.
I hope that soon we can have supporters, we have to manage this situation as best we can

On Chelsea defeat
Lockdown was good for us only for this reason. We didn't forget the result or the performance.
We have been working and I hope we can show a different ability and quality in this game

On Wage deferrals
It was a voluntary decision. To help the club, to help all the people we need to at this particular time

Crosby love
It’s important for football to come back. I have been in Crosby and I’ve enjoyed my time, it’s a beautiful place

Sticking with style
No tactical changes, in this period we were in contact with players showing them some video and giving them physical training.
We are not going to change our strategy or our style. Until the end of the season we will follow the style in games before the lockdown

Gbamin injury update
Of course he's not happy, but I think he's strong enough to move on quickly. The fact that he has had a baby in the last few weeks can help him be strong. Say's he expects him to be out four or five months

No friendlies
Carlo Ancelotti confirms Everton haven't played any warm-up friendlies against other clubs ahead of the Merseyside derby.
Reason was to avoid risk of further injuries to an already depleted squad

Status
Not open for further replies.