Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheres that?

In one of their articles today mate - here is the funny bit:

"At the end of the day, this summer, for every Premier League team, is about cutting costs and saving money. The price for a left-winger, right-winger, is £50m, £60m and above at the moment.

"Anthony Gordon could save Everton all that and more and be someone to build the team around under Ancelotti and Marcel Brands."

Ancelotti has basically told people he has the resources yet the Red Echo doing their best to try make us the laughing stock to the RS gloaters "ey I heard u lads r skint ywna"

I also dont get why they think its cost cutting- the league is restarting as far as im aware so every club is getting the TV cash the only thing we'll lose out on is gate money and refunding season tickets for those final 5 games.

Thats nothing in the grand sceme of things- Niasse's wages would cover that when he's out of contract from July...

I (obviously) have no idea whatsoever whether or not we'll have big money to spend this summer... but I do find it astonishing how many people are just writing off the stories that say we won't. It's like they haven't been Everton fans for the last however many years.

When was the last time a bad news Everton story was reported in the press and DIDN'T end up being true?

I (obviously) have no idea whatsoever whether or not we'll have big money to spend this summer... but I do find it astonishing how many people are just writing off the stories that say we won't. It's like they haven't been Everton fans for the last however many years.

When was the last time a bad news Everton story was reported in the press and DIDN'T end up being true?

Under BK 100% mate but no chance Usmanov gets Ancelotti in to offer him no money.

The Red Echo are just fuming that LFC are likely skint from this so they cant have little old Everton looking like they have money to spend so lets pour water over them as much we can.

Its complete rubbish - all we have lost out on is gate revenue for 5 home games realistically - a drop in the ocean compared to our revenue via USM & the TV cash which will now be paid due to project restart.

When they all said we were bringing Moyes back.

If you watch that Carlo interview with Cara he says we have the resources to compete at the top, i take that as meaning we have the money to spend

"At the end of the day, this summer, for every Premier League team, is about cutting costs and saving money. The price for a left-winger, right-winger, is £50m, £60m and above at the moment.

"Anthony Gordon could save Everton all that and more and be someone to build the team around under Ancelotti and Marcel Brands."

Ancelotti has basically told people he has the resources yet the Red Echo doing their best to try make us the laughing stock to the RS gloaters "ey I heard u lads r skint ywna"

I also dont get why they think its cost cutting- the league is restarting as far as im aware so every club is getting the TV cash the only thing we'll lose out on is gate money and refunding season tickets for those final 5 games.

Thats nothing in the grand sceme of things- Niasse's wages would cover that when he's out of contract from July...
They don't know, we don't know, we shall see... definitely need to shift a few for ffp i reckon though

re Anthony Gordon, he seems to have a lot to his game and should be given a good go at making it at Everton or a good loan for first team football as he has already surpassed u23s

although I agree that every word from the red echo is designed to put us down, I actually wouldn’t mind Gordon getting some minutes rather than wasting money on a squad player. If we get first team quality then great but if it’s another Iwobi/Walcott Standard then I’d rather see Gordon given minutes.

although I agree that every word from the red echo is designed to put us down, I actually wouldn’t mind Gordon getting some minutes rather than wasting money on a squad player. If we get first team quality then great but if it’s another Iwobi/Walcott Standard then I’d rather see Gordon given minutes.

The problem is so many of our players are suited for the 4231 set up and that includes alot of the young lads brought through the academy.

I believe long term if we are to succeed with Ancelotti using a 442 we have to give him the dough to bring in his own players that suit the system.

Brands needs to be actively moving on the players who dont fit the system even if they are decent players.

They don't know, we don't know, we shall see... definitely need to shift a few for ffp i reckon though

re Anthony Gordon, he seems to have a lot to his game and should be given a good go at making it at Everton or a good loan for first team football as he has already surpassed u23s
Perfect opp to give Gordon a run on the left for rest of the season and see how he fairs

We have world class Carlo Ancelotti as manager and one of the worlds richest men pumping money into the club.

We should have high expectations of the club - yet some of our fans would still be happy come next season with Coleman at RB, Davies in the squad, Bernard out wide and DCL up top - thats the problem there is little expectation to improve.

But mate youre going on as though you complaining on an internet forum and slagging off DCL is going to somehow magically make us win trophies.

I'm not old enough to have seen us win a trophy either and I'm desperate for it. But whether i kick off and moan or sit patiently its not gonna make the day that we do finally win one arrive any quicker.

You're trying to say that because other posters rate DCL more than you do that somehow these posters dont want Everton to win anything, its baffling o_O

Youre entitled to your opinion as we all are but when someone disagrees with you you cant just kick off and say theyre happy with mediocrity

Is not spending big such a bad thing though? I mean our transfer record hasn’t been the best for quite a while now.

I guess we just need to get lucky with some and also have a couple of half decent youngsters.

When they all said we were bringing Moyes back.
I mentioned the other day I’m not sure Kirkbride has ever broken a transfer story. Even when the likes of Joyce, Hunter and king have reported a transfer is 99% done he still won’t commit himself.

But surely he wouldn’t have reported this unless the club told him too, hope I’m wrong like.
Maybe it’s a case of dampening down expectations and telling clubs we haven’t got as much money, so we can get better deals.

But if you believe this story then you have to believe Hwang is a major target. He also said quality over quantity, which doesn’t make a lot of sense if you have no money.

For what it’s worth I think it’s probably 3rd hand information the type Alan Myers gets. I do think the club is a bit more closed shop these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.