Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you would know that mate, but maybe ask yourself why they would go to the trouble of comandeering all the Prem xmas fixtures last year? Just to p*ss on Sky's bonfire?

For £80pa Amazon Prime already gives people value for money with a total media and online shopping/delivery package (enough people have subscribed). Think of the 'winners' - if that's an appropriate word - in the current situation, and Amazon is top of the list.

It's the future, and Sky's expensive infrastructure is obsolete by comparison.

I just do not see how it works and Amazon only bid for the packages Sky didnt want.

amazon.jpg

These two remaining packages of rights were specifically designed to appeal to internet giants such as Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Facebook and Google as online streaming continues to rise in popularity. The only problem is most of those companies failed to take the Premier League's bait.

Now, some four months on and following extended negotiations, a deal has been struck with Amazon and BT Sport. However, the entire auction has fallen short of the Premier League's hopes on revenue.

I get that people think Amazon are our white knight who will whisk us away from the evil clutches of Sky corp and 1 day, maybe they will, but not any time soon, IMO.

Selfishly as an American, I'd love for the club to take a flier at Weston McKennie since we are talking Schalke. Not the quality we desperately need right now, but he's a wish list signing for a Yank.

I don't see how anybody can know what the window will hold for anybody this summer.
If the season is finished then at least the television money will be secured.

If the financial situation at Everton is dire then why have there been no cut in players wages and all other employees continued to be paid.

I just don't believe anything until I hear it from official sources.

My own opinion is that we will spend money but maybe less than was planned before the pandemic.
I think our recruitment policy is dependent on getting players out of the club and off the payroll.
What is also not known is by what amount transfer fees will drop if at all.
This seems like a sensible analysis. We know that Ancelotti met Usmanov when everton weren't too far away from the bottom of the table and decided to join. If that isn't an indication of the intent for more serious investment I don't know what is... so FFP permitting, we are more than likely going to be in a better position that certainly the majority of the premier League and top flight European clubs i.e. not needing to sell.

This seems like a sensible analysis. We know that Ancelotti met Usmanov when everton weren't too far away from the bottom of the table and decided to join. If that isn't an indication of the intent for more serious investment I don't know what is... so FFP permitting, we are more than likely going to be in a better position that certainly the majority of the premier League and top flight European clubs i.e. not needing to sell.
(When I say not needing to sell I mean needing to sell to stay in business)

Rather Adams myself. Same thoughts apply though.
100%. I really like McKennie, hes got a lot of snide to him and is versatile, but I feel we need speed and energy in the midfield and Adams to me is such a force in there, and for a better team in RBL. He goes box to box most games and would be a better fit with a cadillac like Gomes

The difference Eggs is the expectations from the top to bottom of the respective clubs.

We talk about a mentality problem at the club but that bad/losers mentality festers from somewhere.

....it’s a strange one. We’ve talked for years about Reds fans being deluded, but I suppose it’s a fine line between that and being very optimistic. They‘ve always thought they can win every game, whereas most of us see straightforward matches as a challenge.

i’m sure regularly winning games will improve our mentality, although the introduction of characters like Reid and Gray helps so much.

it’s an interesting point you make.

....it’s a strange one. We’ve talked for years about Reds fans being deluded, but I suppose it’s a fine line between that and being very optimistic. They‘ve always thought they can win every game, whereas most of us see straightforward matches as a challenge.

i’m sure regularly winning games will improve our mentality, although the introduction of characters like Reid and Gray helps so much.

it’s an interesting point you make.

Christ Eggs,you're asking a lot there,they must be in their early sixties now mate;)lol

I see Kirkbride and the Red Echo are shamelessly continuing to push the we are skint line by urging Ancelotti to make Anthony Gordon a big part of the side next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.