CB Senderos
LB Phelan
RW Davies
CM Thomsen
CM Williamson
LW Gueye
ST Angell
ST Spencer

How people can throw an out of position Martina in there, is beyond me.

The lad tries his best
When you have fodder like O’Kane, Pistone (how many games did he play for us again?)

He may be garbage but he’s no where near our worst.

I disagree with the criticism of Pistone. He played 33 games in the season we finished 4th and also played a few games out of position that year. I agree Martina shouldn't be judged on his performances as left back but he did also play a few games at right back and was just as bad there.

I don’t think Klassen was a bad player. He was just in a team that didn’t fit him at all.
He was all one quick touch and move into space when we were desperate for someone to run with the ball.

No, I'll stick with my choices!

By the way mate, Stefan Rehn never played for us in the Premier League, he was here during the 89/90 season and was sold before the season was over he was that poor for us.
Remember him getting subbed as a sub, which doesn't happen too often. Dunc did it to Kean this season mind.

I don’t think Klassen was a bad player. He was just in a team that didn’t fit him at all.
He was all one quick touch and move into space when we were desperate for someone to run with the ball.

We were crying out for a creative mid and Koeman bought three players in Klaasen Siggurdson and Rooney who all wanted to do the same thing, move it on quickly and get on the end of chances in the box. Klaasen got tasked with playing deeper and pulling the strings and that was never his game. He was far too slow though which in the premier league just doesn’t work. He’s not really done anything at Bremen either. It was just a bad buy to go with most of the others that season.

As footballers (touch, control, vision, and general technique) they are up there with the very worst we’ve ever had.

Tremendous athletes, but that doesn’t do anything for me. I want a player who can control a football - Iwobi can’t.
Is he even a footballer or a con artist pretending to be a footballer

How people can throw an out of position Martina in there, is beyond me.

The lad tries his best
When you have fodder like O’Kane, Pistone (how many games did he play for us again?)

He may be garbage but he’s no where near our worst.
Disagree, such a strange signing martina. Poor right back let alone left back

Disagree, such a strange signing martina. Poor right back let alone left back

Martina was only ever intended to be third choice right back. Sadly for us Coleman and Baines got injured that season so Kenny and Martina had to be thrust into action. We never bought Martina as a first choice player. I find him difficult to hate because he tried his hardest for us he just had no talent but he actually did improve a bit. There’s been loads of far better players who have done absolutely nothing for us recently who are far more deserving of criticism.

Martina was only ever intended to be third choice right back. Sadly for us Coleman and Baines got injured that season so Kenny and Martina had to be thrust into action. We never bought Martina as a first choice player. I find him difficult to hate because he tried his hardest for us he just had no talent but he actually did improve a bit. There’s been loads of far better players who have done absolutely nothing for us recently who are far more deserving of criticism.
But wouldn’t you rather promote a young player from the youth teams
to fill in rather signing poor foreign squad players who are just going to rot away in the under 23 squad?

But wouldn’t you rather promote a young player from the youth teams
to fill in rather signing poor foreign squad players who are just going to rot away in the under 23 squad?

We’d already promoted Kenny. Maybe there wasn’t anyone who could step up. No one has been close to the squad in defensive positions since.

We’d already promoted Kenny. Maybe there wasn’t anyone who could step up. No one has been close to the squad in defensive positions since.
It’s worrying that we don’t promote many these days and I’m sure some of them would do a job as squad players.

Westerveld
Mitch Ward
Carl Tiler
Antolin Alcatraz
Steve Burrows
John Oster
Claus Thomsen
Simon Davies
Niclas Alexandersson
Denis Stracquilarse
Brett Angel

Status