Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marca said its opened ended they can use it when they want and buy him back as long as contrcted to us

Good stuff mate, i think i found that link myself:

Yerry Mina departed Barcelona earlier in the month of August and joined Premier League side Everton, a deal which featured a buy-back clause in his new contract.

Barcelona sold the Colombian centre-back for 30.2 million euros, just six months after signing him for 11.8m euros, and they will be able to re-sign him for 60m euros if they believe he is worth bringing back.

However, they won't be able to activate that buy-back clause until at least 2020.

The defender can't, therefore, be taken back to Catalonia next summer, but Barcelona would be able to sign him in any of the other subsequent transfer windows during his five-year Everton contract.

So essentially Barca can resign him, starting this year up to 2023.

From memory the reports at the time suggested that they had the opportunity to buy him back as a one off in 2020 for £42m. Unless I missed Steve Walsh being appointed there, I think we can safely say they will not be utilising the option.

Probably unlikely mate, but i was surprised at how they hawked and made money out of Del as well and his buy back despite being surplus.

Im just curious on the context of the deal, if he develops into a top defender in the next three years they can resign him at any time within his current contract with us starting from this summer.

Probably unlikely mate, but i was surprised at how they hawked and made money out of Del as well and his buy back despite being surplus.

Im just curious on the context of the deal, if he develops into a top defender in the next three years they can resign him at any time within his current contract with us starting from this summer.

If he plays well for us and they sign him for £40m+ then I'm not really arsed.

I’m a weird mix of excited, cynical and confused about the upcoming window. There seems to be fair few credible links to a lot very decent looking players. The cynic tells me the long they don’t sign, the more likely it’ll go belly up
And the confusion is around the actual logistics...news about the window not being open until August etc and the general Coronavirus impact - it’s going to be a special window one way or another

MAYBE WE ARE GOING TO SPEND BIG
I am sure Ancelotti was given promises on spending
No point in getting a world renowned manager and not backing him
i am not sure how we will comply with FPP but maybe it will be eased due to the financial crisis
People seem to post this a lot but it isn't really true. We should want the best manager possible regardless of how much we have to spend. Hiring Ancelotti doesn't automatically mean we will unfurl another 100m, although I suspect we might.

I'm a Yerry fan but I'd probably let him go for the £60m buy back tbh.

I think we're going to spend really big.

IMO and it is only a feeling I have, I know nothing else, I think FFP has held us back and it will now be put to one side for a bit.

Us more than most will really take advantage of a market where fees will be reduced massively anyway.

I think we'll be in the top 4 clubs for spending this summer definitely.

Seen a few reports on SM about us signing players.

I’m sorry, I just can’t get excited about anything football or Everton related at the moment.

Caring about football feels really dirty right now.

Yeah, we shouldnt let football distract us, we need to keep studying those death numbers and feeding our anxiety about how life will never return to normal.

Its for the best.

I'm a Yerry fan but I'd probably let him go for the £60m buy back tbh.

£54mill i think is the buy back fee and we paid 30 mill - i think, but yeah at the moment i agree, he will be 28 when the expiry ends though. I wonder do we see him getting better and better, in that sense it may be a live option, id be surprised say if they took it in the summer. I wonder if we offered him a new contract what the story would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.