Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He blows too hot and cold for me mate - I got slated for saying it but I think we need more mobility/consistency from the centre of the park if we are to truly push for Europe/trophies.

Even teams around us like Wolves and Leicester have arguably better /more consistent midfielders like Neves and Tielemans.

He's currently our best CM and certainly has quality but just dont think he's the answer long term certainly not without a Gana type next to him with pace.

....he’s a fabulous footballer, but when the opposition get beyond him he’s out of the game which is a big problem for the central defenders. He’s been particularly sluggish since his return from injury, but I suppose that was to be expected.

Just having a look at Lewis Gibson when @ Fleetwood this season. Played 9, unbeaten in 9 and 4 clean sheets. He's also left-footed. Could be a good squad option for next season rather than buying 2 new CB's.

....he’s terrific but it’s a massive step-up to the top flight. Not blessed with a lot of pace but he likes to defend. I was surprised he signed a new contract, but it means we can demand a fee if he moves on.

Just having a look at Lewis Gibson when @ Fleetwood this season. Played 9, unbeaten in 9 and 4 clean sheets. He's also left-footed. Could be a good squad option for next season rather than buying 2 new CB's.
Agreed, if we were to sign two centre halves I think that would be the end of Gibson at Everton, not that I think we will sign two.

....he’s a fabulous footballer, but when the opposition get beyond him he’s out of the game which is a big problem for the central defenders. He’s been particularly sluggish since his return from injury, but I suppose that was to be expected.
Gomes came back into the team far too quickly. I think it probably tells us what CA thought of his options in midfield that he was rushed back so quickly.
The one advantage is that he has now played some game and should have most of the doubt and nervousness out of his system by now.
I think he did terribly well to get through those games but in truth he was only a shadow of the player he can be.

....he’s terrific but it’s a massive step-up to the top flight. Not blessed with a lot of pace but he likes to defend. I was surprised he signed a new contract, but it means we can demand a fee if he moves on.
Agreed, if we were to sign two centre halves I think that would be the end of Gibson at Everton, not that I think we will sign two.

I think he will go on loan no matter what we do.

At centre back were now linked with:

Todibo (Barca £20mil) Right footed
Sarr (Nice Free) Left footed
Gabriel (Lille £30mil) Left footed

Both Sarr + Todibo/Holgate can play full back or defensive midfield as well.

Under Ancelotti and his team you'd be confident that the defensive drills and coaching would be of a very high standard.

Also when you look at the numbers, we could actually bring in all 3 of those players for £50mil and the defence would actually not need any additions for many years.

Its something we have up front with Kean, DCL and Richarlison and would be great to have the same strength and longevity in defence as well.

For that £50mil someone like Keane (or even Mina, or both) leaving would offset a large amount of that outlay.

Its exciting and hopefully we make it a reality.

Highly suspect we'll ship Keane out, buy 1 first team replacement (Gabrielle or this Tobido) and Gibson will come in to fill that 4th choice CB spot. Or maybe even that Branthwaite we signed in Jan.

If we managed to signed Todibo and Gabriel and sell Keane that would leave a nice mix of Mina, Holgate, Gabriel and Todibo at CB with Gibson or Gbamin as back ups too :) Gibson also signed new deal as promised loans too and step by step way into 1st team

Right back - If Emerson signed, do we loan Kenny out again or sell him ? Coleman is not the same since injury and for financial point of view his on 70,000 a week and if sold anything over 60,000 looks great for FFP so Emerson and 1 of Kenny/Coleman

Left back: Digne, then sorry but Baines is 35, loyal etc but unlss he takes at least 50% paycut release at end of season as his yearly salary is over 3.3 million a year at present so use Gibson/Gabriel as back up left back unless young lad in u23s or buy young to develop

If we managed to signed Todibo and Gabriel and sell Keane that would leave a nice mix of Mina, Holgate, Gabriel and Todibo at CB with Gibson or Gbamin as back ups too :) Gibson also signed new deal as promised loans too and step by step way into 1st team

Right back - If Emerson signed, do we loan Kenny out again or sell him ? Coleman is not the same since injury and for financial point of view his on 70,000 a week and if sold anything over 60,000 looks great for FFP so Emerson and 1 of Kenny/Coleman

Left back: Digne, then sorry but Baines is 35, loyal etc but unlss he takes at least 50% paycut release at end of season as his yearly salary is over 3.3 million a year at present so use Gibson/Gabriel as back up left back unless young lad in u23s or buy young to develop

If they are any good and can do it in the league, i'm always reluctent to think someone is a good signing until the y have done it in the PL.

Just on center backs - the Barca buy back on Mina - does that expire this summer or is it an ongoing thing - anybody know?

If they are any good and can do it in the league, i'm always reluctent to think someone is a good signing until the y have done it in the PL.

Just on center backs - the Barca buy back on Mina - does that expire this summer or is it an ongoing thing - anybody know?
I don't think it would make any difference whether it expires today or in 5 years. They won't be using it.

Last edited:
I think we're going to spend really big.

IMO and it is only a feeling I have, I know nothing else, I think FFP has held us back and it will now be put to one side for a bit.

Us more than most will really take advantage of a market where fees will be reduced massively anyway.

I think we have to, for all we know, they'll only have ffpp restrictions for this summer so we don't want to risk missing out. If we get in trouble in the future, just pay the fines, it'll be too late, we'd already have the players like City and Chelsea did

Seen some conflicting reports, some suggest its an open ended buy back while others say the buy back expires in 2020 and others that it can only be activated in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.