Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
Looks like his thread is locked.

Regardless, reports suggest Sporting Lisbon have returned to training but Bolasie isn’t with them.

The good news is, the Portuguese club are having to pay his salary until the end of June. The bad news is, he does not figure in coach Ruben Amorim’s plans and they will not be taking the £4m purchase option.

Brands will need to find him another club.

Last edited:
Looks like his thread is locked.

Regardless, reports suggest Sporting Lisbon have returned to training but Bolasie isn’t with them.

The good news is, the Portuguese club are having to pay his salary until the end of June. The bad news is, he does not figure in coach Ruben Amorim’s plans and they will not be taking the £4m purchase option.

Brands will need to find him another club.

They were never going to sign him. My hope is that football clubs may be allowed to start withdrawing contracts as a result of Covid 19.

He was okay at Palace. The odd one or two games in ten. His goal return was pretty bad too. Perfect signing for us. A non-goalscoring, inconsistent winger. Joining legends like Beagrie, Warzycha (?), Alexanderson, Blomquist, Van Der Meydre, Oster etc.
If he played for the RS, Bournemouth would already have slapped down a £30million bid.

The higher-ups in the club should’ve vetoed this one. Every man and his dog knew what Bolasie was about and they should’ve had a gentle word along the lines of “we do not believe that £30m for this player is a sensible commitment but we are more than happy to back you with a plan B”.

All it would’ve taken.

Just imagine having an open cheque book and then using it to sign bolasie as your big marquee signing, Nice one Walsh you tit

That Guardian article where they claim the Palace board wet themselves laughing thinking we had forgotten the decimal point in our bid...

And still asked us for more and got it

That Guardian article where they claim the Palace board wet themselves laughing thinking we had forgotten the decimal point in our bid...

And still asked us for more and got it
Like I said above a representative from the clubs ownership should’ve fired a gentle shot across his bow to say “no I don’t think so, we’ll back you to find someone better”. Might’ve made him think twice before going for any more no marks but would also have let him know he was backed for actual good players.

Like I said above a representative from the clubs ownership should’ve fired a gentle shot across his bow to say “no I don’t think so, we’ll back you to find someone better”. Might’ve made him think twice before going for any more no marks but would also have let him know he was backed for actual good players.

They let him spend 45m on Sigurddson too.

There is only 1 more year on his contract so look at the positives :) the world is a strange place at the moment so never know we might get a shock transfer of him in summer :) Talks were Palace were sniffing after him and maybe someone in MLS might be open to him?

The higher-ups in the club should’ve vetoed this one. Every man and his dog knew what Bolasie was about and they should’ve had a gentle word along the lines of “we do not believe that £30m for this player is a sensible commitment but we are more than happy to back you with a plan B”.

All it would’ve taken.
There was nobody sensible enough to Echo your very correct thoughts, Kenwright brought Moshiri into the club but never looked after his interests and his money, looked after his own though. I remember Kenwright saying at Moshiri’s first AGM meeting referring to Moshiri “ He’s the man who keeps giving” and didn’t the vultures around him keep grabbing it, instead of advising and helping the new benefactor, Walsh, Koeman, Kenwright and later fat Sam certainly helped themselves without a thought for Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.