Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must tell you that Gerry Byrne was invited by a friend to our club in Knowsley Village one Sunday dinner session in the late 70s, he was a nice guy it
seems that he always wore his '65 Cup winners medal and was asked by a member to show us, which he duly did. A friend of mine (A Blue) walked
straight upto Gerry and said "I've got two words to say to you" and Gerry bravely said " Yes, what are they"? My friend waited for a time and then said
"Willie Henderson". As most blues supporters will know Henderson of Rangers & Scotland was a right winger and a magician for a few seasons, he
usurped our own Alex Scott from the International team and was the reason for Scott moving to us. Such was Hendersons performance against
Gerry Byrne in the England & Scotland International Gerry had to settle for just one Cap.

....was it Gerry Byrne who broke his collar bone in that ‘65 Cup Final? Getting back a bit on thread slightly, the early tackle from ex-Blue Bobby Collins in that game was x-rated.

...ha, ha. I thought Joe was junior school in Norris Green and then Quarry Bank? Certainly a Norris Green lad, though.
His mum worked in the Post Office in the Square, Maghull and he was known to visit a good mate of his in Clent Road... first autograph I got knocking on the mate’s door when I saw Royle go in!!!

....not many mentioned from that side of the river, although I gave a shout for Paul Bracewell from Heswall.

We must, of course, include Dave Hickson from Ellesmere Port.
Roy Parnell had a couple of games with 1963 tile winners and was regarded as a lucky mascot by the players and I think he was included as twelfth man for many games that season, even though there was no subs. them days, Roy came from Birkenhead as did George Sharples who played a few games for the first team, a left half.

....was it Gerry Byrne who broke his collar bone in that ‘65 Cup Final? Getting back a bit on thread slightly, the early tackle from ex-Blue Bobby Collins in that game was x-rated.
Yes tough nut Gerry Byrne, played throughout the game plus extra time with that injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.