Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still around did my double glazing withhis son in law about 2 years ago

...remember him knocking out the Altrincham player who broke John Connolly’s leg. Very good footballer, surprised he never really kicked on with his career. Nice that he’s still in the area, he was a talent but talent isn’t everything.

Last edited:
...both from over the water? The Wirral making a late bid.
Add John Willie Parker and Jimmy Harris both from Birkenhead, Eddie Wainwright from Southport,and other lads from Liverpool Albert Dunlop, Alec Farrell, Derek Mayers, who went to PNE, another Wirral lad was Kenny Birch alongside Johnny King who later played for and managed Tranmere, Tony McNamara from Walton.

...remember him knocking out the Altrincham player who broke John Connolly’s leg. Very good footballer, surprised he never really kicked on with his career. Nice that he’s still in the area, he was a talent but talent isn’t everything.
Remember going to Luton night game think about 74. Derby won the league but they had finished all their games and we could had overtaken them. We absolutely hammered them missed chance after chance. Got beat 2-1
He missed some sitters including a header from about 2 yards out. Made sure I reminded him and I'm sure he put my windows in wrong for that

Add John Willie Parker and Jimmy Harris both from Birkenhead, Eddie Wainwright from Southport,and other lads from Liverpool Albert Dunlop, Alec Farrell, Derek Mayers, who went to PNE, another Wirral lad was Kenny Birch alongside Johnny King who later played for and managed Tranmere, Tony McNamara from Walton.

...ffs, might have to draw a line at 1960.

i was thinking about John Willie Parker. In the late 70s I played for a team managed by Dave Hickson for a season. Very quiet, modest man.

He was quite shy, but equally a bit nuts when it came to playing. Regardless, he wasn’t talkative but he told me a few times that J W Parker was the best he played with. A genius. I looked him up and his goalscoring record is outstanding.

Dave said the two of them should’ve played for England but selection was by committee and they weren’t the right type. Dave is high-profile but JW Parker must’ve been some footballer.

Last edited:

Tommy Wright was from Norris Green, if it hasn't been mentioned.

...thanks for confirming but it has been mentioned. I (wrongly) threw the Garston spanner in the works, I think he went on to work at Garston Docks and his local was near Liverpool Cricket Club in the Southend,

...thanks for confirming but it has been mentioned. I (wrongly) threw the Garston spanner in the works, I think he went on to work at Garston Docks and his local was near Liverpool Cricket Club in the Southend,
His local was The Kingsman ( opposite LCC)
He liked a bevvy or two :cheers:

His local was The Kingsman ( opposite LCC)
He liked a bevvy or two :cheers:

he did , always stood at the back row of the main stand when that was the thing to to do . Roy Wright who I think was his nephew was a local ‘character ‘ who looked after a lot of the players and coaching staff back in the day . Massive evertonians both of them .

Status
Not open for further replies.