Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a tangent but sticking locally. A couple of ex colleagues from Malaysia visited me in the pool last spring. The guy was a man u fan and the girl I don't know but she liked Spanish footballers. Anyway they insisted on looking at the other place then I insisted on goodison. We were welcomed at the car park with pure scouse humour, friendliness that went so far as just knock at the ticket office and they'll let you in.

Having been abroad for a while the geographical setting of goodison struck home instantly. Scally kids and all sorts of raw scouse life was going on around us. Coming from years in the 3rd space it felt much more exciting and passionate and normal than the sanitized shopping plaza over the park.

Apparently they were THE football school around that district - although my old feller (St Anthony's) would have given them an argument!
It would have been a good argument Dav, Inwent to the Friary aka, Netherfield RC not far away from those two schools and the one in between All Souls. St. Anthony’s and St. Sylvesters were great rivals and when they played in school finals at Anfield and Goodison attracted big crowds for schoolboy football, St. Anthony’s had Jimmy Melia and Bobby Campbell who later played for Liverpool while St.Sylvesters had Jimmy and Gerry Tansey who later played for Everton, one year St. Sylvesters won the cup and made a point of marching down Scotland Road and right past St. Anthony’s church with the up. John Bailey came from the Friary parish but went to St. Gregory’s when three or four schools amalagated.

It would have been a good argument Dav, Inwent to the Friary aka, Netherfield RC not far away from those two schools and the one in between All Souls. St. Anthony’s and St. Sylvesters were great rivals and when they played in school finals at Anfield and Goodison attracted big crowds for schoolboy football, St. Anthony’s had Jimmy Melia and Bobby Campbell who later played for Liverpool while St.Sylvesters had Jimmy and Gerry Tansey who later played for Everton, one year St. Sylvesters won the cup and made a point of marching down Scotland Road and right past St. Anthony’s church with the up. John Bailey came from the Friary parish but went to St. Gregory’s when three or four schools amalagated.
That's incitement to riot!!

If I remember correctly, I read in a book about Scotland Road by Terry Cook that St Anthony's football team's song during the 40s and 50s was a grand old team...

I must tell you that Gerry Byrne was invited by a friend to our club in Knowsley Village one Sunday dinner session in the late 70s, he was a nice guy it
seems that he always wore his '65 Cup winners medal and was asked by a member to show us, which he duly did. A friend of mine (A Blue) walked
straight upto Gerry and said "I've got two words to say to you" and Gerry bravely said " Yes, what are they"? My friend waited for a time and then said
"Willie Henderson". As most blues supporters will know Henderson of Rangers & Scotland was a right winger and a magician for a few seasons, he
usurped our own Alex Scott from the International team and was the reason for Scott moving to us. Such was Hendersons performance against
Gerry Byrne in the England & Scotland International Gerry had to settle for just one Cap.

...I was from Everton Road but lots of my pals went to SFX in Shaw St, so I remember the Friary very well.

Bailey and i were in the same year at school. We played in the same Liverpool Schoolboys trial, he scored and was so enthusiastic he celebrated the goal. I distinctly remember getting the 46 bus home with him from Penny Lane, he didn’t get through those trials but I was chuffed when he came through at Blackburn.

That's incitement to riot!!

If I remember correctly, I read in a book about Scotland Road by Terry Cook that St Anthony's football team's song during the 40s and 50s was a grand old team...
Yes that’s where I first heard the song, sung by St.Anthony’s supporters at those schoolboy finals in the late 1940’s and early fifties even before I realised it was a Celtic song.

...I was from Everton Road but lots of my pals went to SFX in Shaw St, so I remember the Friary very well.

Bailey and i were in the same year at school. We played in the same Liverpool Schoolboys trial, he scored and was so enthusiastic he celebrated the goal. I distinctly remember getting the 46 bus home with him from Penny Lane, he didn’t get through those trials but I was chuffed when he came through at Blackburn.
Cracking fella John from a cracking family,me and my wife enjoyed going to some great do’s( parties) in John’s mam and dads on New Year’s Eve in the “ four squares” off Soho Street, great nights and great memories.

Technically the premises might have been just over the border with Lydiate
Fair enough but media teams get the benefit of the doubt more than most. Pretty sure I read a little while back that liverpool are up like 7+ points from var decisions this season. VAR isnt the issues it's the English fa 's application of it.
...they had a family heating business in Maghull, not sure he was raised there.

Status
Not open for further replies.