Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just the outcome I was expecting. I'm neither happy nor unhappy with it as it makes very little difference to me.

I'm not worried. Like I said, it's just the outcome that I was expecting and have been deriding for saying so for the last few weeks.

Why can't you pause a season for 6 months?

so you think a competition remains the same competition when players contracts run down and they chose to leave . Sign for other clubs or agree to sign it’s not an 18 month season it’s unprecedented, like I say take your trophy you deserve it for your performances but you haven’t won it however it’s preferable to this pathetic attempt to make you and your vocal cheerleaders happy .

the word that suits your behaviour is grubby not for the first time I’m ashamed to share a city with you .

Last edited:

The players can (and probably will) all shove a middle finger in their faces and walk away, because their contracts actually expire. They're probably already well on the way to finalising their next career move.

It may not require the consent of the players, if there are extenuating circumstances built into the contracts.

United have just extended Matic' contract for 1 year without him having to re-sign as it was already built into the agreement.

I'm sure the club's lawyers will be trawling through the fine print of those contracts to ensure they are watertight and protect the clubs as much as possible.

If one or two players are able to circumnavigate it, then that's a much smaller legal issue than voiding a full season.

so you think a competition remains the same competition when players contracts run down and they chose to leave . Sign for other clubs or agree to sign it’s not an 18 month season it’s unprecedented

That's quite an assumption, we don't know that this will happen.

It may not require the consent of the players, if there are extenuating circumstances built into the contracts.

United have just extended Matic' contract for 1 year without him having to re-sign as it was already built into the agreement.

I'm sure the club's lawyers will be trawling through the fine print of those contracts to ensure they are watertight and protect the clubs as much as possible.

If one or two players are able to circumnavigate it, then that's a much smaller legal issue than voiding a full season.

Hahahahaha, imagine that in the small print.

They have signed a contract until 30th June 2020. They have every right to walk away and sign for some Chinese club quadrupling their wages. Matic's contract extension was appearance-based, so that puts paid to that irrelevant example.

Just about every argument you have ever made is based on a load of assumptions lol

Fair play mate. I admire your commitment

well contracts end on the 30/06 you’re suggesting everyone whose is over will collectively stay , 100 percent take up ? Not a chance.

with matic they activated a clause , you can’t just make somebody stay if sign .

Hahahahaha, imagine that in the small print.

I'm not saying it is, but contracts are written in such a way to cover all eventualities so it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs included some sort of clause related to the postponement of the league season. As @Lelouch said, it wouldn't surprise me if new legislation is brought in by the appropriate authorities to temporarily extend contracts to the end of the playing season.

70 premier league players out of contract this summer if I remember rightly

Squads will lose a few key bodies that would help them in a shortened schedule to finish the league

But, clearly, the FA and PL don’t clear about their players. Hopefully the PFA state that they won’t be bringing the 28 day emergency extension rule into place

I'm not saying it is, but contracts are written in such a way to cover all eventualities so it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs included some sort of clause related to the postponement of the league season. As @Lelouch said, it wouldn't surprise me if new legislation is brought in by the appropriate authorities to temporarily extend contracts to the end of the playing season.

Don't care what legislation they bring in, players don't have to sign up to it. They can all leave.

70 premier league players out of contract this summer if I remember rightly

Squads will lose a few key bodies that would help them in a shortened schedule to finish the league

But, clearly, the FA and PL don’t clear about their players. Hopefully the PFA state that they won’t be bringing the 28 day emergency extension rule into place

Is that as of injury’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.