Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is pretty silly. Will any government be able to contain it? No, not even close. They can really limit it's transmission and increase treatment, though.

I agree, but there are no signs of our government taking any kind of action any time soon, despite the advice from the WHO.

But by carrying on as normal surely there'll be more cases sooner, meaning the NHS is overwhelmed sooner? Am I missing something? How does the government not restricting movement lead to a delay?

I believe this "take it on the chin" stuff has a more sinister motive - these business as usual messages will have a calming effect on the stock market. I refuse to believe that Boris johnson and his government are acting in the people's interests first

I didn't say I agree with it mate!

It is too late now, the Spanish have arrived here in their thousands. Madness and irresponsible behaviour by the powers that be from the government downwards to an including Liverpool FC who have asked fans to act in a "sensible manner " and wash their hands. Madrid is the centre of Spain's epidemic and their clubs are playing behind closed doors.
On the home front, Goodison has seen the last of me until circumstances change for the better. Old age and heart disease qualify me as high risk so I am not overeacting.

It is too late now, the Spanish have arrived here in their thousands. Madness and irresponsible behaviour by the powers that be from the government downwards to an including Liverpool FC who have asked fans to act in a "sensible manner " and wash their hands. Madrid is the centre of Spain's epidemic and their clubs are playing behind closed doors.
On the home front, Goodison has seen the last of me until circumstances change for the better. Old age and heart disease qualify me as high risk so I am not overeacting.
Yeah my old fella is 81,he's insulin dependant diabetic, got a season ticket, he's not going,I'm not myself now as I don't want to run the risk of "infecting" him myself by default,I'd never forgive myself!!,some things are far more important,take care of yourself mate.

Unreal now. That's got to be the end now

Surely Juventus can't play for at least 3 weeks now (I know they aren't in the league anyhow) but that means the CL is on hold at least until April and then they would have to cram in the round of 16, quarters/semis alongside the rest of the postponed games. And that is saying things get better, which they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.