Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said before, and if anyone is in any doubt, this outbreak has highlighted once and for all that governments and the banking system do not give one s#%t about people. Making money is all that matters to them. Every measure that has been taken has always been reactive and therefore pointless. Not one proactive measure has been taken on time. When a lot of people die, people we know personally, I hope we can let those who allowed this to happen feel our anger. More restrictive measures could have been taken a lot earlier than was the case.

That's the impression I always get when we have flooding. The Government's thinking always seems to be 'It will never be this bad again' and yet...

Serious question - if Liverpool have mathematically won it would they still have it stripped should the league be cancelled?

Not happening like but an interesting thought.

I’m taking it very seriously. I’m not sure why you’re suggesting the brainwashing has got anything to do with the seriousness of the issue because you go on to show that you’ve clearly understood what I’m actually saying, that everybody’s talking about not cancelling a match/gig whatever being disgraceful but will think nothing of getting on a crowded train to go to a crowded office.
Ah sorry I got what you were saying the wrong way round

Was fired up from responding to someone on another forum who suggested those who will die were coming to the end of their lives anyway, and that there might be mental health issues and suicides from people having to stay at home

It'd be strange if the league was stopped after Liverpool win it mathematically, but champions league/europa/relegation issues still hadn't been 'mathematically' sorted. dunno how they could square that one.

only solution I can see is declaring season null and void or playing rest of season behind closed doors. If epidemic gets out of control, would players even agree to play at all in those circumstances? Might leave no option but to declare season null and void.

It'd be strange if the league was stopped after Liverpool win it mathematically, but champions league/europa/relegation issues still hadn't been 'mathematically' sorted. dunno how they could square that one.

only solution I can see is declaring season null and void or playing rest of season behind closed doors. If epidemic gets out of control, would players even agree to play at all in those circumstances? Might leave no option but to declare season null and void.
Obviously everything will be done to pander to them as per usual lolSomething like this and yet they still manage to try and make it about themlol

One thing this is showing is that personal hygiene is really poor. This and other viruses don't spread easily if you cover your damn mouth when you cough or sneeze, and wash your hands frequently.
To be fair, I wash my hands after I’ve been to the bathroom, before I prepare food etc, but I wouldn’t ordinarily just wash my hands every time I touch something. Like I’d go round the office touching different surfaces and get on the train and do the same, and not think oh wow it’s been 2 hours since I washed my hands best get on it.

To be fair, I wash my hands after I’ve been to the bathroom, before I prepare food etc, but I wouldn’t ordinarily just wash my hands every time I touch something. Like I’d go round the office touching different surfaces and get on the train and do the same, and not think oh wow it’s been 2 hours since I washed my hands best get on it.

Then you should be fine, unless you're out shaking hands or touching random objects.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Then you should be fine, unless you're out shaking hands or touching random objects.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
No I’m talking about in general. Me picking up the virus by touching a table in work and passing it on to a colleague by shaking their hand 10 minutes later is not a sign of poor hygiene on anyone’s part, which your original post suggested was the case.

Playing behind closed doors would work for the prem but a few league 1 & 2 clubs would struggle to survive without gate receipts.

Postpone is the way to go.

No I’m talking about in general. Me picking up the virus by touching a table in work and passing it on to a colleague by shaking their hand 10 minutes later is not a sign of poor hygiene on anyone’s part, which your original post suggested was the case.

Shaking hands when you know this virus is rampant is pretty poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.