Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're not wrong. It's your opinion, and that's fine. Just because we disagree doesn't mean either of us has to be 'right'. Technically it's subjective so there is no 'right' opinion.

You disagree with me about Holgate, right? So you believe you're right on that one?

I just believe what I see a very good ball playing centre half, who is in fact our best centre half, who brings a bit of pace and aggression to our static defence. Also very glad he recently signed a new long term deal, because being young, could well mean he will get better and better.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. Can you hear that blues? That's the sound of time marching closer and closer to the great purge in the summer. The free ride is over for our loser players. Can't wait to see the back of most of them. Worthless, cowardly, scumbag mercenaries.

Need someone to buy them first. Unless we can bundle them up into one package and sell it for a quid.

Odd that Ancelotti didn't get Richarlison / DCL to mark Billy Boy in Chelsea's build up play. A perfectly standard adjustment when playing 4-4-2 and meeting Chelsea's formation. Instead, we ended up in numerical imbalance, and Billy Boy got to control the midfield. Ancelotti will of course be given time, but these are small things that will not diminish my skepticism about him. That said, the achievements of the players today were miserable, and a large proportion of them must be replaced.
Am ashamed to see a 5ft and 9stone wet through 18yr old kid boss a seasoned midfield like that. BUT - All credit to the lad. He did well, AGAIN.! Wish we had him.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. Can you hear that blues? That's the sound of time marching closer and closer to the great purge in the summer. The free ride is over for our loser players. Can't wait to see the back of most of them. Worthless, cowardly, scumbag mercenaries.
I wish this would happen, but unfortunately most of them will still be there. Offering nothing, picking up huge wages, and probably getting bossed by the next 18 year old to come off the production line of one of the top teams.

It’s sickening and pathetic.

Reality is we are an average team bloated with less than average players draining the wage bill thanks to Martinez, Koeman/ Walsh and to a lesser extent Brands. Hopefully with Ancelloti and Brands together this will change and we'll see a better quality of player come in.

We've good players there but too many less than average starters/ backup. Put someone like Gueye in that MF with Gomes and someone like Lukaku up top beside DCL and Richy in place of Siggy and that's a completely different game.

I just believe what I see a very good ball playing centre half, who is in fact our best centre half, who brings a bit of pace and aggression to our static defence. Also very glad he recently signed a new long term deal, because being young, could well mean he will get better and better.

And that’s fine if you see it that way. I don’t think you’re wrong and I’m right, it’s just that my opinion differs.

I see an inconsistent player, prone to lapses in concentration, unable to read the game very well, who’s athleticism get’s him out of a lot of problems.

He’s like Pickford for me, decent but if we aspire to bigger and better things, shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting XI.

This is why we are not ready for european qualification yet. We have played 3 of the teams we have to compete with to get there, lost 2, drawn 1
We are the better team against Arsenal and were very unlucky not to get something out of that game and we were totally robbed of a win against United, pure rubbish today though.

Why because I’ve got an opinion you don’t agree with?

I support Everton. Not any player, not Moshiri, not Kenwright and not Ancelotti.

We’re playing Big Sam football but it’s alright “because oF CArlO’s HiSToRy”

Not at all and i didnt mean to offend you.

I dont agree that we are playing 'Big Sam' football.

I just think that we have seen this from these players before and to dig Anchelotti out for that as hes a dinosaur was very unfair. The last two game have shown improved second half performances and both matches should have been won. I blame the players today as too many had off days. Carlo is world class, I don't agree that hes clapped out or that because he was at Napoli rather than Juve means he's not up to it but as you say its all about opinions.

Not a good day today - no offence meant.

We accepted bids for Niasse in January but he wouldn't go because he thinks he's too good for the championship. How can you have a clear out if they won't go? It's something only time can sort out, only once the contracts are up they'll be gone.. 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.