2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great character to have at the club - hope we can build a team with more like him, Holgate and Richarlison - competitors.

He looked great against Utd, a real handful with some good hold-up play. He's been through a silly amount of turmoil at the club and kept his eye on the prize - a million miles away from Lookman, Vlasic et al.

Saw a few flashes of ability in Davies at the weekend second half too - I wonder if he can progress like DCL and Holgate.
If Davies can’t learn and improve under Carlo well there’s not much hope is there
Hopefully he can kick on but imho a squad member at best

Because our revenues can’t support us spending £100m every summer. Unless Usmanov keeps coming up with creative ways to give us money like sponsoring the Blue Star Chippy on Queens Drive for £50m, then the only way we’ll avoid breaking FFP is by selling someone for big ££

Getting in the CL would also solve the money issue I’d imagine, but that’s a big IF
Believe it or not Usmanov and Moshiri know more about money and creative accounting than anybody on here

I still feel like this is the 3rd contract he's signed in 4 years with the club. Bit odd in that regards.. Just remidns me of giving Martinez the contract extension after his first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.