2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single cross we've ever faced out on our left when Baines has played he's stood 5 yards off, and when the cross is struck he's always on the turn side-on or turning his back to it. Always.

It's cost us scores of goals in his time here. An appalling defender, IMO. He was great getting forward as one of two wide men when Pienaar was here, but his fall from grace can be dated to the break up of that partnership. Basically, Pienaar sacrificed his time here to provide a base for Baines to play from.
What drugs are you on?...fool

Terrible defender. I doubt anyone would contradict that.

In any case, he's almost out the squad now. Every game he has underlines why that should happen, so that'll do me.

"Terrible defender. I doubt anyone would contradict it".
Leighton is obviously at the very end of his career. However if your statement was analysed by Everton fans , or even football fans generally , it would be overwhelmingly laughed at.
He was better going forwards, but was one of the very best english LBs of the last 20 years.

"Terrible defender. I doubt anyone would contradict it".
Leighton is obviously at the very end of his career. However if your statement was analysed by Everton fans , or even football fans generally , it would be overwhelmingly laughed at.
He was better going forwards, but was one of the very best english LBs of the last 20 years.
Ha Ha Ha.

Wish him all the best in his retirement, has been a good player for us. Was a damn shame he wasn't able to win anything when he was in the same team as Pienaar, Arteta, Lescott, Jagielka in their prime. He'll get his testimonial and hopefully be given a great send-off.

Wish him all the best in his retirement, has been a good player for us. Was a damn shame he wasn't able to win anything when he was in the same team as Pienaar, Arteta, Lescott, Jagielka in their prime. He'll get his testimonial and hopefully be given a great send-off.
He'll probably ask to play Liverpool or Blackburn, his two favourite childhood clubs.

He'll probably ask to play Liverpool or Blackburn, his two favourite childhood clubs.

I'm pretty sure every footballer had a childhood club, the majority of which don't play for that club now so it's highly irrelevant who he supported years ago.

He played well but he's absolutely busted, His attacking threat has completely vanished but it's expected since he's 35! Would be waving bye to him and welcoming him to our 500000 ex players Ambassador club at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.