New Everton Stadium Discussion

I’m very sceptical on a lot to do with Everton, especially the board, but to be fair to the club they have hit every KPI so far. I’ll begin to worry about this project going ahead when they don’t.

Everyone knows we have had a dodgy past regarding stadium moves but it isn't hard to see this is chalk and cheese different. Before we were reliant on which way the wind blew, banking on everyone else to carry us there. This is all on us and while things can happen that you can never foresee at the start, we are miles better placed than any previous attempt.

Funding won't be an issue, if Mosh slaps down 100 million + upfront, the financiers will see that as a large enough commitment to know it's pretty safe. How many people would hand over that much money and then not see it built or default on the payments so the banks take ownership of the stadium. Not going to happen.

It happened with Kirkby and we had a lot less money back then.

It amounts to less than the fee of one of Brands' horrendous signings.

There was. Absolute mountains of it. Anyone here half-way familiar with the Kirkby project will tell you the same.

Which one was that? Oh did RM , RK, BFS make no poor signings?

Kirkby was never one and you know it, the design was very poor and only 3rd divvie. Stop harking back to the past with Kirkby, KD, WHP none of those hold a candle to BMD for location.

One puzzles what would make you more content and the only thing I can think of is :-

Owner - Diane Abbot
Manager - Jeremy Corbyn
DoF - McDonnell
Share Anfield