New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd have had no issue staying where are in terms of location. yeah the docks are a fantastic place but would have had no issue with staying at a newly built Goodison

Bet Spurs fans are fairly content with that too. Routine isn't disrupted but new shiny stadium in the same place.

London and Liverpool are different ball games anyway.

Neither would I. I love L4 and there was always only one place we could have left to in the city that wouldn't have felt like an enormous loss and that was the docks. Far from being a loss, it'll actually be a huge gain for the club, despite L4's sentimental value as a location. If Liverpool had got this location, I'll admit I'd have been wounded, especially after we'd failed to take advantage of the KD opportunity.

I'd have been "content" therefore, with a rebuild, but having a new stadium on the banks of the river goes a level or ten above that.

It's a diference of opinion mate on a very important issue.

Your position: you want it done, you're happy accepting that the scheme is on track and the club can be trusted on delivering.
My position: I want it it done, but I'm saying the process is still a huge punt, and I dont trust the club on anything they say regarding the stadium due to previous.

For you, any deviation from the Pravda line amounts to "wummery".

You don't deserve to open your eyes on a Saturday morning and discover you have been publically compared to jarred yeasts extract.

These people are Everton's greatest shame.

Just catching up and from what I remember......

King's Dock was just a CGI and a discussion about the parcel of land. Don't recall anything else ever being public.

For Kirkby @davek is right, there was a lot of documentation, you can't have the government and barristers getting involved without it.
For the stadium itself, although a shocking design, it was large. I remember viewing the floor plans which were available and recall large parts of the stadium being left empty for possible future use as a museum, shop etc. There was very little imagination. There were also mock ups from Kirkby town centre etc.
Therev were also other documents, environmental impact, retail impact, transport strategy etc. Ultimately it was never going to be passed as there was just too many obstacles to overcome, notably a desperate transport plan, a detrimental effect to neighbouring Liverpool shopping centres (due to departure from the regional framework) and very direct questions about funding (including who would benefit from a future sale of the club).

I don't think this scheme compares with either of the above.There seems to be a real will from stakeholders to see this through and there's no real opposition.
I think KBC and Tesco were banking on a go ahead due to a New Labour government being in power and agreeing to help out big business and a client authority like the horrendously right wing Labour led Knowsley.

However, besides negelecting the impact surrounding authorities opposition would have on the outcome, that's not to dismiss that the usual preliminaries of a stadium build were in place and had been caried out. We really were a Secretary of State's nod of the head away from Tesco Dome. Once that had happened the project would have found its momentum and cash from the private sector very quickly.

Dave's back 5 minutes and heads are falling off AOTS.
He doesn't even have to try any more. It's a pleasure to watch a true master at work.

Welcome back @davek xx

As a new member I've got this image in my head based on the World Of Warcraft episode of South Park.

Davek is the level 80 paladin slobbering at his computer, and the biters are like Kyle, Stan, Kenny, Cartman trying to beat him.

Just having a little chuckle to myself

It happened with Kirkby and we had a lot less money back then.

It amounts to less than the fee of one of Brands' horrendous signings.

There was. Absolute mountains of it. Anyone here half-way familiar with the Kirkby project will tell you the same.

Dave do you know something we don't?