New Everton Stadium Discussion

Dave is Dave. Does what he says on the tin.
He's our very own Marmite.
Would never eat him myself but the joy of seeing others screw up their faces in disgust while their tiny minds explode is a GOT tradition.

Long may he continue

Love you @davek, you absolute flute xx
He’s boring, put on ignore for years and still the threads consist of people pandering to his views which then become tedious and crap.
Permanent ban is required, get shut of the boring troll

It's not that funny is it really.

He gets banned, comes back instantly starts his wummery completely derailing thread(s). Mods do nothing about him once again, even after the thread @GrandOldTeam made.
I see Dave as the forum’s counter-balance to the normal and accepted arguments: the devil’s advocate so to speak; the ying to the typical yang.

Like @tommye rightly mentioned, he does exactly what he says on the tin although it constantly surprises me how many people actually bite.

So, back on track now. Look at that absolute thing of beauty.
77A6CD10-93C7-400A-AC53-420B115A4B83.jpeg

I see Dave as the forum’s counter-balance to the normal and accepted arguments: the devil’s advocate so to speak; the ying to the typical yang.

Like @tommye rightly mentioned, he does exactly what he says on the tin although it constantly surprises me how many people actually bite.

I think if you are new to the forum you are going to until you kind of realise that he is just contrary to the popular belief and those may not even be his actual views.

Like one of those Scooby doo episodes, hopefully Dave will be unmasked as Colin Chong and he was just trying to throw people off the scent that it would happen even though he knew being at the heart of it that it would. If it wasn't for those pesky forum kids!! :D

So, back on track now. Look at that absolute thing of beauty.
View attachment 79731

I just want that built so I can go there every other week, my kids will be going too and the start of a new history will begin when my great grandkids are sat there one day with fond memories of Bramley Moore just like we have of Goodison

Slipped my mind that they even went as far as PP. Just thought they had those designs published. Either way, you are almost certainly correct. They were going to play 4 seasons at Wembley iirc!
Besides Abramovich's problems weren't they having trouble with building over the railway at the back or some such.

I just want that built so I can go there every other week, my kids will be going too and the start of a new history will begin when my great grandkids are sat there one day with fond memories of Bramley Moore just like we have of Goodison

yeah, exactly. I’m still cautious until we get PP. But the docs state that we intend to start the build this year!

The thought of heading there for the first game of the season and getting in my seat is massively exciting.

Besides Abramovich's problems weren't they having trouble with building over the railway at the back or some such.

Cant remember mate. Recall the whole thing being held up cos some pensioner complained about the light or sommet. Not sure what happened though.

Luckily, those sorts of issues wont affect us.

This is a good point. We’ve been fobbed off with Chang and now Carling. Need a good deal with some decent breweries In the new gaff.
I stick with bottles because the quality of the pints are often atrocious, and that’s putting it nicely. If they want people to meet before, it’s a key aspect for me.

With less pubs in the area than currently around Goodison, it’ll be a decision whether to stay away and get there for kick off or meet there before hand.

You're missing the overall point here - it's this: were Everton FC in the past involved to the degree they are now in other stadium projects? The answer being 'yes, they were'.

Some people weren't around for them.
Some genuinely cant remember the extent of our pursuit of other stadiums.
Some would rather forget that we've been here before and nothing came of it.

Don't worry Davek

I stick with bottles because the quality of the pints are often atrocious, and that’s putting it nicely. If they want people to meet before, it’s a key aspect for me.

yeah, I meet in town, sometimes a pint in a pub around the ground, and maybe get a bottle or 2 at the ground at most.

there’s a killing to be made with decent beers and a good concourse, and a few new boozers to pop up at the site.