Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the club statement I feel a good lawyer will get this squashed, they seem to have it in for Citeh.
I hope they also get FFP scrapped too. I’m looking long term rather than just next season.
I think they’re likely to win their appeal at CAS, and it could well drag on, in which case the suspension will be held off until the appeal process is completed.

If they don’t win at CAS, then they’ll take UEFA to the courts imo, and challenge the entire legal premise of FFP.

I think the excitement about their ban is very premature, I’ll be amazed it it ever happens, and absolutely flabbergasted if it’s next season.

There's plenty of time for an appeal before next season starts, that's why they have announced it now

I posted this last night:

How long could the process take?

Months rather than weeks.

This is a complex case and it is thought that the adjudicatory chamber could take its time to consider Leterme's recommendation. An oral hearing may also be called.

As an example, more than a month ago the investigatory chamber referred AC Milan to the adjudicatory chamber for failing to comply with the break-even rules for the period 2015-2018. We are yet to hear the outcome.

City could also then appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

It is therefore highly unlikely any ban would apply to next season's Champions League.”

So it’s “highly unlikely” that it will be enforced next season, it’s as you were, but a lot of people keep saying 5th will be CL, which is wrong (for this season at least.)

I think they’re likely to win their appeal at CAS, and it could well drag on, in which case the suspension will be held off until the appeal process is completed.

If they don’t win at CAS, then they’ll take UEFA to the courts imo, and challenge the entire legal premise of FFP.

I think the excitement about their ban is very premature, I’ll be amazed it it ever happens, and absolutely flabbergasted if it’s next season.
Pretty much how I feel.
I’m hoping they’ll take them to court regardless and get FFP scrapped.

They’ll get off, Scot free but we will be kicked out of the FA because of the £30M stadium naming option, which will be agreed by FIFA, UEFA and every court of arbitration on the planet as the most heinous crime ever perpetrated in world football. Goodison will be levelled, all our players and management staff will be given to the RS and Finch Farm will be turned into the Tory Parties storage facility for propaganda leaflets related to the ‘Northern Powerhouse’. To polish everything off, Klopp will be given a peerage And every RS player a knighthood when it transpires that it was them who grassed us up.

They’ll get off, Scot free but we will be kicked out of the FA because of the £30M stadium naming option, which will be agreed by FIFA, UEFA and every court of arbitration on the planet as the most heinous crime ever perpetrated in world football. Goodison will be levelled, all our players and management staff will be given to the RS and Finch Farm will be turned into the Tory Parties storage facility for propaganda leaflets related to the ‘Northern Powerhouse’. To polish everything off, Klopp will be given a peerage And every RS player a knighthood when it transpires that it was them who grassed us up.
lolEverton that

I honestly don't think that could happen l, just for one main reason.

Everton surely would be spending money on "CL" quality players so if the decision was overturned where does that leave us? That might then leave us in breach of FFP if we overspend on the basis of qualifying and in turn Everton would be able to go to town on UEFA as it would open up a whole can of worms

The stuff that's happened over the years at the hands of uefa I would put nothing past them. The fact that PSG have spend 100s of millions more than they generate and have not been charged shows a bias against English clubs. I don't agree with FFP anyway, it was supposed to protect clubs from being loaded with debt and the type of situation that happened at Leeds years ago.
When in reality all it does is protect the established European clubs. Man City have no debt, Man Utd have hundreds of millions of debt. But Man Utd are compliant with FFP, surely they are actually a bigger risk?

I hope Carlo isn't as negative as some of the comments here. There is one team that has the from and the momentum to take advantage of this ruling:

I am a naturally positive person, but I would hold off on that form chart until after the next four games?

In what way? I still haven’t figured it out. Seems like all it did was reward the clubs who already had huge commercial revenue and prevent clubs from having massive investments that could help them compete on a similar financial playing field.

Again if they really wanted it to be “fair” they’d have just capped net spending on players for all clubs or something similar.

It promotes the organic growth of clubs through more sustainable methods, such as growing their revenue streams in order to be able to spend more. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say Citys owners ploughing £2.7b into a previously League One club through a variety of dubious methods is against the spirit of the game.
FFP isn't perfect as a system but I think it has the right idea at its core. Its preferable to nothing clubs suddenly skewing the whole landscape for a few years whilst they launder their ill-gotten petri-dollars, anyway. To me at least.

And City have had this in the post for a while, and for the arrogance with which they've gone about it, screw em.

It's written mate, they'll win the title at Goodison, then we'll need them to win the champions league to qualify for europe. Girder your loins.

If Liverpool win the champions league it won't have any impact on us being in it. The premier league gets 4 places, unless the winner of the champions league finishes outside the top 4 or if the winner of the Europa league finishes outside the top 4. Then the top 4 plus the winners get Champions league places and the number of Europa league places are reduced

The only thing that could happen is we could finish 6th or 7th and we need Liverpool to win the FA Cup so we get Europa league

I am a naturally positive person, but I would hold off on that form chart until after the next four games?

Fair point, but I was feeling sick in December looking at the upcoming fixtures and look what happened then?

In between the 'tough' end to last year and December, Everton seems to do better against the 'better' sides. So let's be positive, it can't hurt.

They can't even align the transfer windows to not give advantages to some ,there is no way a salary cap is coming back .Just one question what would it be ? 20,000 a week which is the minimum most footballers we talk about earn ? That is still a crazy wage compared to the average Joe .10,000 is still very high and how many of the stupidly high earners would be prepared for that ? 350,000 a week down to 10,000 without some other reaction .It is never going to happen , sadly .

Anyway they would just get it from sponsorship deals or some other loop hole ,Sky and the like have a lot to answer for pouring stupid money into a working class sport just for financial gain ,they will drop football in the blink of an eye when the next big thing comes along .
Back on OP the punishment for City is our best hope to change FFP .In principle I agreed with it but it is a bit like the Brexit vote in that no one had thought it through ,now it is giving an unfair advantage they never envisaged and all the teams should try to bring it down and implement a better system .
It was instigated to stop someone buying the title by just purchasing the best players al la Abramovitch -at one time they had 250 professionals on their books !.
Instead it has insulated the top few by allowing them an unfair monetary advantage that is almost insurmountable unless things change .
The only way to beat it is to implement NA draft system...

If Liverpool win the champions league it won't have any impact on us being in it. The premier league gets 4 places, unless the winner of the champions league finishes outside the top 4 or if the winner of the Europa league finishes outside the top 4. Then the top 4 plus the winners get Champions league places and the number of Europa league places are reduced

The only thing that could happen is we could finish 6th or 7th and we need Liverpool to win the FA Cup so we get Europa league

Why do we need Liverpool to win the FA Cup? As long as its somebody finishing in the top 5 win then that slot goes to 6th place doesn't it? If City win the Carabao Cup then that slot goes to 7th. Did I get that right??? I wont get muddled up in the if somebody wins the Champions League or Europa Cup possibility as its well explained by your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.