Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’re likely to win their appeal at CAS, and it could well drag on, in which case the suspension will be held off until the appeal process is completed.

If they don’t win at CAS, then they’ll take UEFA to the courts imo, and challenge the entire legal premise of FFP.

I think the excitement about their ban is very premature, I’ll be amazed it it ever happens, and absolutely flabbergasted if it’s next season.

Yes I mean if this gets overturned, even if they say otherwise that's FFP done. A set of rules become worthless if they are not enforceable. It would become akin to the Bosman situation. I suspect they would formally scrap them, but even if they didn't unless you did worse than what City did by some magnitude you would be ok.

What I would also add, is if City win this I doubt it ends there. I wouldn't rule out further action in the civil courts against UEFA for damage to the city brand. They could quite conceivably bankrupt UEFA.

I remember debating this with some fella in the Usmanov thread, who seemed to have this odd view nothing could be appealed beyond UEFAS kangaroo court. Wait until this gets into an impartial court and lets see what they make of it. I would be surprised if they find wrong doing.

@catcherintherye I was thinking that though Man City are appealing the ban, they still can be banned from the Champions League at least next season if it isn't heard until later in the year, I say this because Chelsea were banned for two transfer windows though they appealed it, it still stood till their case was heard.

It's written mate, they'll win the title at Goodison, then we'll need them to win the champions league to qualify for europe. Girder your loins.
I know. all because we sang "you lost the league at goodison park" luckily I live in Spain miles away from anywhere. They don't exist here and I turn off the TV whenever they're on or being talked about so it's like it's not happening which is great. Although there are a couple of them in town both utter nobheads you'll be shocked to learn

Yes I mean if this gets overturned, even if they say otherwise that's FFP done. A set of rules become worthless if they are not enforceable. It would become akin to the Bosman situation. I suspect they would formally scrap them, but even if they didn't unless you did worse than what City did by some magnitude you would be ok.

What I would also add, is if City win this I doubt it ends there. I wouldn't rule out further action in the civil courts against UEFA for damage to the city brand. They could quite conceivably bankrupt UEFA.

I remember debating this with some fella in the Usmanov thread, who seemed to have this odd view nothing could be appealed beyond UEFAS kangaroo court. Wait until this gets into an impartial court and lets see what they make of it. I would be surprised if they find wrong doing.
Nope, they can't get rid of ffp.
If they do clubs will overspend, become bankrupt , the owners leave and the fans lose their club.

It is in place to stop teams buying the league and rightly so, also ensured debts are kept to a certain level.

Imagine a wage cap like rugby brought in place, saracens are paying for breaking the rules, 105 point Deduction and relegated, not a big rugby fan but there rules seem more to keeping it competitive in the prem

Status
Not open for further replies.