2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately they are European champions and just about to lift the title with absolute ease. I can’t believe they’re one bit worried.

Whilst they’re doing well right now you’d think they wouldn’t be arsed about us whatsoever but I’ve known nothing like this in my lifetime. They’re absolutely obsessed us.

I’m in whatsapp groups with loads of them and we’re the subject of literally 80% of everyting they write.

Loads of people making banners about us, to take to finals we’re not involved in.... most fans would be there enjoying the moment supporting their team

News stories about their potential new stand on Twitter?? It’s just all talk of Everton in the replies.

Newspaper reports regarding 2 young Everton players attending the New York fashion week....it’s 10:1 Liverpool fans to Everton fans in the comments.

It’s really bizarre behaviour. I suppose it’s a bit of compliment really.

Whilst they’re doing well right now you’d think they wouldn’t be arsed about us whatsoever but I’ve known nothing like this in my lifetime. They’re absolutely obsessed us.

I’m in whatsapp groups with loads of them and we’re the subject of literally 80% of everyting they write.

Loads of people making banners about us, to take to finals we’re not involved in.... most fans would be there enjoying the moment supporting their team

News stories about their potential new stand on Twitter?? It’s just all talk of Everton in the replies.

Newspaper reports regarding 2 young Everton players attending the New York fashion week....it’s 10:1 Liverpool fans to Everton fans in the comments.

It’s really bizarre behaviour. I suppose it’s a bit of compliment really.
They are proper obsessed every single media outlet or social media is crawling with the types and the few sites I use that has a few of them are proper weird.
Can't ever bring myself to read RAWK its a proper cesspool

We are 2nd in the league under Ancelotti. A very good write up on the mentality and tactics at both ends of the pitch by Carlo:

https://www.goal.com/en-my/news/car...e-second-best-team/158h9aat4omh11xu5kq7hm6on9

View attachment 78936

We’ve been here too many times before where these Everton players play up from Feb onwards when the season is essentially over. It’s easy to win when there’s no pressure on you. They did the same under Koeman and Silva in their first seasons. If we win big games this season, finish in Europe then start next season in the same form then I’ll buy that something has changed but if we don’t win any of the crucial head to heads we have and finish 8th, lose the derby, and start next season spluttering along in lower mid table then that will just be the MO for this group of players.

We’ve been here too many times before where these Everton players play up from Feb onwards when the season is essentially over. It’s easy to win when there’s no pressure on you. They did the same under Koeman and Silva in their first seasons. If we win big games this season, finish in Europe then start next season in the same form then I’ll buy that something has changed but if we don’t win any of the crucial head to heads we have and finish 8th, lose the derby, and start next season spluttering along in lower mid table then that will just be the MO for this group of players.
Except it will be a somewhat different group of players next season and beyond, regardless of what happens between now and May.

Except it will be a somewhat different group of players next season and beyond, regardless of what happens between now and May.

Definitely but we could literally lift the exact same type of posts on this forum from any time in the second half of Koeman or Silva’s first season and definitely from Martinez’s. ‘Now that Koeman’s settled in with 2 or three of his own players we’ll be even better next season’ ‘Silva has solved our set piece issues, with a few more players we’ll start next season on fire’. Will believe it when I see it but unlike those two frauds Ancelotti is actually a billion leagues above them in terms of managerial talent so if anyone can stop the second season syndrome in this squad it’s him.

I'm interested to see if he still has the drive to make a team or is simply here to do a job and get as much money as he can.

The summer transfer window will be the first indicator, if cheap crap is bought in or real quality established players and then his finishing position at the end of next season.

I'm interested to see if he still has the drive to make a team or is simply here to do a job and get as much money as he can.

The summer transfer window will be the first indicator, if cheap crap is bought in or real quality established players and then his finishing position at the end of next season.
Are you saying his finishing position will be an indicator of how well a job he is doing?

It's great seeing him in press conferences and on the touchline. He projects a warmth, wisdom and maturity that the last few managers were sadly absent of. Still somewhat surreal that's he's actually here - but as undying supporters of EFC, GODDAMMIT we've deserved someone of his stature to lead us for many years and he seems to be enjoying himself.

I'm buzzing off it, me.

I'm interested to know why you keep posting on another teams forum.

lol I’m interested to know why you keep saying daft things about a manager as good as CA mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.