2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what even is that argument?

Of course it is. Any assessment of a manager has to take account of what he has before him.

One for those of you playing kopite Bingo at home.

Touting Martinez over Ancelotti. My word.

I didn't tout Martinez over Ancelotti. Not at all. I was a kid with Howard. Suffered a decade or two of dull dross then we had that season where

Martinez was on fire at times (Arsenal 3 or 4 up after 30 mins and the whole stadium rocking and singing). It went pear shaped but theres more to it than that. He needed a defense coach whereas Graeme Jones was the opposite. We should have had a Director of Football, anything, to harness, the good and sort out the crap and back him in the market.

Of course Carlo has a great CV. But translating that to our basket case isnt straightforward and I'm not aware he's done that kind of job before.

red-dar engaged.

Behave soft little lad. Can express an opinion without that sort of stuff being branded about.

Never believed in getting too personal. Opinions are just that. Ultimately, my opinion is that we really have a good manager, at least statistics say that. Does that necessarily mean that we’ll be at the top next year? No it doesn’t, but it certainly gives us a better chance. There are two factors in a team. The manager and the players. You need both. I believe that we have half the battle won already. We can debate till we’re blue in the face (no pun intended), but the fact remains that many other teams are kicking themselves for not reaching out sooner to Ancelotti. We’ve got him. He wants to stay. Let’s give him a chance to build this team.

Of course it is. Any assessment of a manager has to take account of what he has before him.

I didn't tout Martinez over Ancelotti. Not at all. I was a kid with Howard. Suffered a decade or two of dull dross then we had that season where

Martinez was on fire at times (Arsenal 3 or 4 up after 30 mins and the whole stadium rocking and singing). It went pear shaped but theres more to it than that. He needed a defense coach whereas Graeme Jones was the opposite. We should have had a Director of Football, anything, to harness, the good and sort out the crap and back him in the market.

Of course Carlo has a great CV. But translating that to our basket case isnt straightforward and I'm not aware he's done that kind of job before.

Behave soft little lad. Can express an opinion without that sort of stuff being branded about.

Every single team that’s ever won the Champions League has an expensively assembled squad? It kind of comes with the territory. You act like Ancelotti has cheated his way to trophies by outspending everyone else in the world, a really weird angle.

Every single team that’s ever won the Champions League has an expensively assembled squad? It kind of comes with the territory. You act like Ancelotti has cheated his way to trophies by outspending everyone else in the world, a really weird angle.

No I'm not saying cheating at all. But it's relevant to any assessment. Also his glory years at Milan were a long time ago. That's all relevant to any chat about him. He's a "great", a "legend" not doubting any of that. I just hope we are up to his mantle and requirements and the interview stuff plays out over a considered plan.

I think we have a rather expensively assembled squad. Just not a very good squad.

Can't wait to see what he will be able to do with the funding the last 3 managers got.

I understand every word here, but I can’t get it to make a sentence.

Should we call an ambulance.
Carlo ancelotti is a risk but mikel arteta is a better option for me and I will be on the same and I will be on foot with my wife who is a more skilled but ksi way to be able to go back to the doctors and the doctor and other than her wife and her wife who will be mot'd her for the next chapter of the year and she will be back open Monday.
Shoot.

Take your one eyed criticism of Roberto to the Martinez thread. It ended poorly but he wasnt backed and folk should remember the heights of attacking panache he took us to.

Remind me how many champions leagues has Carlo won where his team were not one of the best funded in the competition?
Is there a thread though for the jester that rode on Davey's coattails his first season and cluelessly dismantled said team because he bought his own hype. Should have been put on gardening leave rather than paying him off the 10 mil.

We are 2nd in the league under Ancelotti. A very good write up on the mentality and tactics at both ends of the pitch by Carlo:

https://www.goal.com/en-my/news/car...e-second-best-team/158h9aat4omh11xu5kq7hm6on9

Status
Not open for further replies.