2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this may be controversial view, but I am starting to believe that in the mainstay we play better with him in the side, than when he's out of it.

On the one hand, I'm still critical of his final output, especially in front of goal, however his clever movement and pace really does cause our opposition to worry.

I still think we can do much better and he himself can still improve a lot (eg. the number of goals he contributes), but right now I think we'd miss him if he was injured.
He stretches the play.

Now mostly hes quite ineffective with his final ball or his 1x1s, but for now hes without question our best option on the right.
His pace is what we need.

Has pace and once in a blue moon can turn a game our way...otherwise just an expensive out ball.

If were going with Bernard/Iwobi on the left to come inside with the ball then it seems like we'll keep Walcott in the squad and seek another similar player in the summer.

Compare him with Kanchelskis and its night and day. What we need is to find another Kanchelskis.

ive always quite liked him - but has never regained the excellence of his early years. confidence is such a massive factor. he'll never be the player he was but remains a useful member of our squad.

How injured is he? Need him on the right for any actual balance.

Still need a replacement this summer but at the moment he’s our best option for that spot.

ive always quite liked him - but has never regained the excellence of his early years. confidence is such a massive factor. he'll never be the player he was but remains a useful member of our squad.
He's always been a below average finisher really. It just looks better when you have peak Ozil creating chances for you again and again.

Not the ideal solution, but what about Richy on the right, Bernard on the left and Iwobi in a 10 off DCL?
No reason to touch the DCL-Richarlison partnership. Either Gordon or Iwobi come in on the right or go to a three man midfield with Bernard/Iwobi at 10. The second option isn't really something I'd do until Gomes comes back though.

Has pace and once in a blue moon can turn a game our way...otherwise just an expensive out ball.

If were going with Bernard/Iwobi on the left to come inside with the ball then it seems like we'll keep Walcott in the squad and seek another similar player in the summer.

Compare him with Kanchelskis and its night and day. What we need is to find another Kanchelskis.
He was one of a kind. Anyone remotely like him will be in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.