2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think under carlo will help improve his game and will really benefit from have two strikers to aim for is so much more movement in the team since he last played

Am I the only one who is worried that we're rushing him back too soon? I know we still have things to play for this year but we don't want to jeopardize his long-term health and availability.

Rushing him back too soon would have meant playing him the 2nd he could walk.

Hes been in training for nearly 2 weeks now, full training daily, by the time we play him it will have been a month.

To be honest no amount of time will help really, the big thing will be how he handles proper tackles, how his body adapts to playing at full pelt for 90minutes, no amount of time will be enough for that. I mean considering how traumatic the injury was im more concerned how he copes mentally rather than physically.

Am I the only one who is worried that we're rushing him back too soon? I know we still have things to play for this year but we don't want to jeopardize his long-term health and availability.

I kind of feel the same way but, to be honest, I think you have to trust the player, manager, medical staff, etc. to know what they are doing. Personally I believe he needs to get back as soon as possible, get a couple of good tackles under his belt, and get himself match-fit and psychologically strong.

No mate.
I totally agree.
It just doesn't feel right does it.

Obviously he's an asset worth millions, so the medical staff know best, but I've just got a bad feeling about this.

Rushing him back too soon would have meant playing him the 2nd he could walk.

Hes been in training for nearly 2 weeks now, full training daily, by the time we play him it will have been a month.

To be honest no amount of time will help really, the big thing will be how he handles proper tackles, how his body adapts to playing at full pelt for 90minutes, no amount of time will be enough for that. I mean considering how traumatic the injury was im more concerned how he copes mentally rather than physically.
I can see him playing 30/40 minutes and gradually getting to 60 minutes a game for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.