Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest view is that we should show our admiration and respect for their achievemnets by setting up a half time 'Fart of Honour'. Our XI players go to the centre circle before the start of the second period, link arms and push with all their might to be amplified around the ground. Imagine the recognition.....
The risk of follow through would be huge and in the event of this tactic being adopted we should have several groundsmen equipped with snow shovels standing by.

On the morning of the game announce that Usmanov is getting involved in Everton and he is prepared to spend until Everton are top of the tree again.
I think that might spoil the day for a few.

Winning the title for the 1st time in 30 years and a rich fella taking us over will totally spoil the day for them! Yeah, they'll be well gutted.

In recent years, association football teams have shown their respect to teams in their own division which have already won their league title at the end of the season with games to spare by forming a guard of honour onto or off the pitch for their players.[citation needed] The applauding team forms two lines to make a corridor and the league winners pass through the corridor, generally in single file. The guard of honour is in some instances considered good form to perform but is not considered compulsory and teams may opt not to provide one, as especially tends to happen between teams considered particularly bitter rivals.[82]

I know it's wikipedia but there's precedent:

It's a stupid tradition that makes the other team feel awkward and in this instance is bound to cause ill feeling with the majority of fans. They might do it in other sports that toffs play but we hate them and they just treat us with utter contempt.

We are basically being asked to worship the very club who have set us back years by getting us banned out of Europe and who laugh about it like some long running joke. I'll be fuming with the club if they agree to it.

The ones who aren't bothered or have no problem with it are like William H Macys character in Boogie Nights who comes home every night to find someone banging his wife and just meekly accepts to sleep on the sofa.

Is anyone not tempted to ruin it, the club will do it and I think they should, but what if all Everton fans turned their backs in an organized protest.....rob all the headlines.

Is anyone not tempted to ruin it, the club will do it and I think they should, but what if all Everton fans turned their backs in an organized protest.....rob all the headlines.

That's worse than not doing it. Should we all hold up a sign saying "We don't care what the RS say" at the same time?

I don't want one more RS inside Goodison on derby day than their ticket allocation entitles them too, and neither should any other Blue !!!

No self-respecting Blue should even consider giving/lending/selling their ticket to one of them - we could still be in with a chance of making Europe next season, every Blue should be there supporting Everton and desperate for the Blues to win.
That is quite strong saying I don’t respect myself!!

many self respecting blue would not want to watch the Shiite win a trophy!!!!

I see my loyalty favoured by not watching my biggest rival win a trophy in my backyard and getting a load of dosh for the privilege as opposed to watching another home derby defeat whilst begrudgingly clapping the new prem winners.

which one are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.