January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's scores goals wherever he's played at a decent rate. Good back up for them. Who have we signed?
Behave it’s United ffs. They sold Lukaku without bringing in a replacement they’ve been linked with a whole host of top strikers since, they’re now bringing in the bang average Ighalho on loan.

He's scores goals wherever he's played at a decent rate. Good back up for them. Who have we signed?
They saw that they needed cover and then acted. Ancelloti identified that we needed a right winger and we haven't acted .
That's what is puzzling and a bit depressing is that we obviously needed someone there but haven't done anything despite being publicly identifed back in the AGM.
Man United are unlikely to win anything big but have actively tried to make their squad competitive .
I'm sure after tonight has ended I will ultimately decide that most of you were right to side with the club's prudent approach but at the moment I'm a little perplexed that we aren't being a tad more ambitious during this wide open season .

They saw that they needed cover and then acted. Ancelloti identified that we needed a right winger and we haven't acted .
That's what is puzzling and a bit depressing is that we obviously needed someone there but haven't done anything despite being publicly identifed back in the AGM.
Man United are unlikely to win anything big but have actively tried to make their squad competitive .
I'm sure after tonight has ended I will ultimately decide that most of you were right to side with the club's prudent approach but at the moment I'm a little perplexed that we aren't being a tad more ambitious during this wide open season .
Do you think ighalo was high up on thier list . Or that with the deadline looming they have panicked . It would have been nice to improve our squad. But adding players like ighalo are not goin to do that.
Look at the reaction of United fans .

Wasn't it Brands having to give a presentation cos Everton do these AGMs having to explain stuff, it wasn't Ancelotti who said we need a RW. He has Walcott, Sidibe, Richarlison, and Iwobi/Kean even after that. Brands also said he wanted Zouma but Ancelotti is OK with having 3 main CBs and moving players into CB in emergencies until the end of the season. He seemed totally relaxed about the CB situation today. I think CA wants time to make major decisions and will explode into action in the summer months, he probably would have taken a CM at a bargain or on a loan but oh well I still think we will be push for a European place. The next 3 games are winnable, and Crystal Palace/Southampton/Man Utd play some tough teams in their next 3 league outings. After out next three games we could be well in the mix for top 5/6.

Are people actually getting mad because United signed a guy who quit on trying to be successful, ran off to a well paid retirement and is now only coming back because that retirement is not paying quite so well?

Do you think ighalo was high up on thier list . Or that with the deadline looming they have panicked . It would have been nice to improve our squad. But adding players like ighalo are not goin to do that.
Look at the reaction of United fans .
I see your point mate and I'm enjoying the fume from the Utd fans but I don't want to watch Walcott doing his best Forrest Hump impressions till the end of the season .
There must of been a loan or something that we could of done to upgrade that one position .
However , you probably are right . Kneejerks and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.