2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not wrong though is he?

Why does anyone who criticises our lack of transfers get abuse here? You’re all going to be freaking out in the summer when we’ve signed Just two players and only sold 2. Siggy still as 10 and Carlo scratching his head.

Some of us have seen it all before. Carlo can’t polish a turd and he’ll be hounded out next season if we’re still rubbish on the pitch.
We have never seen it all before as we have never had a a manger of this calibre. We have hounded out bang average managers that have gone on to prove they are just that. He will get time as everyone knows we have far too many crap players.

Spme of Ancelotti PRE Watford P/C

Newcastle is gone

Ancelotti on Newcastle lessons: "The lesson I think was that everything can happen in football until the end of the game. We have to consider the fact we played well, and also the fact that we can't concede two goals in one minute. It's gone, we have to be focussed"

Injury update
“Andre Gomes did a fantastic recovery. He is almost fit. After Crystal Palace,
we have the possibility to prepare him for the game against Arsenal.”

More on Gomes
Ancelotti on the break: "It was a good period with almost all the players, with only Gbamin out. The squad is fit, in a good physical condition. Gomes has had a fantastic recovery, because he's almost fit, but we need to be careful with him."
Ancelotti on Gomes: "I think the work the staff did with him is fantastic. This is really good news.

Gbamin news
More surgery for Gbamin confirmed as well
Ancelotti: "We hope to see him before the end of the season

Transfer update: 'Anything can happen'
Ancelotti on transfers: "I said we are not anxious to find a new player, because we have a big squad. Some players I didn't know really, I know a lot better now. If there was an opportunity, we could consider, but I don't think the market showed us a good opportunity
"The squad is good, we can improve, we can play better and we can have a good final period of the season. We are out of the cups, but I think we can finish well."

More on transfers
Ancelotti on potential signings today: "I don't think so
Ancelotti on Niasse: "We didn't receive until now official offers, so he's still with us. If there are offers for him, we will have to consider.
Cuco Martina is the same."

Watford really difficult
This is a really difficult team to play against. We have to be ready, prepared and, as I said, we have more possibility to win if we play well.
“The easiest way to score is a counter-attack. But, you want to have a control of the game, possession has to be efficient

Richarlison transfer update
Ancelotti on Richarlison :He's still here and he didn't go to Barcelona!
"We didn't receive an official offer for him. He is a really important part of our squad. Rumour is rumour. And even if not rumour, Richarlison is a really important player for us.

Winter break
Ancelotti says he would rather play every few days, but Everton will have a break after Watford.
"I think this is a really good benefit for the players. The fact we have in this period all the players ready and fit is important for them. Sometimes breaks are important to have players in better health."

I would be very shocked and sad if Ancelloti took the job on the basis of little investment in a clearly underperforming team. That 7/8/9th place is acceptable. That some PR bs about gradually becoming a Champions League club was just that.

All he had to do was watch the vids of the last 2 seasons to see improvements are needed in every department of the team to get to 6th, never mind 4th. The defeat to Lpool and capitulation against Newcastle surely only added to his urgency for change.

It is surely inconcievable that he hasnt spoken to Brands/Moshiri to say many, many personnel changes needed to be made.

If he is only allowed a handful of signings this summer and again the following summer my suggestion is that we he will be well gone and we wont have moved forward.

I would be very shocked and sad if Ancelloti took the job on the basis of little investment in a clearly underperforming team. That 7/8/9th place is acceptable. That some PR bs about gradually becoming a Champions League club was just that.

All he had to do was watch the vids of the last 2 seasons to see improvements are needed in every department of the team to get to 6th, never mind 4th. The defeat to Lpool and capitulation against Newcastle surely only added to his urgency for change.

It is surely inconcievable that he hasnt spoken to Brands/Moshiri to say many, many personnel changes needed to be made.

If he is only allowed a handful of signings this summer and again the following summer my suggestion is that we he will be well gone and we wont have moved forward.
Officially on ignore. You utter wet blanket hahaha.

No one, literally no one, at the club is accepting 7th-9th. There was never going to be a major investment in the team when the manager has only been at the club for a month, especially when we’ve had players out injured that he hasn’t worked with yet

Certain sections seem to think that the whole squad was just going to be ripped up and thrown out the door in a few short weeks and replaced in that same amount of time, it doesn’t ever work like that, every player needs a fair crack of the whip to see who has the bottle to stay and fight for their places and who doesn’t

If there were players available that could have done a job and were affordable we would have seen them, Vecino was one of them, but people moaned about that and then didn’t seem fussed when Inter changed their minds. Ancelotti himself has said in his presser that there wasn’t a good opportunity and that he wasn’t anxious to sign just anyone, I’d trust his opinion over any of the ‘experts’ on here

No one, literally no one, at the club is accepting 7th-9th. There was never going to be a major investment in the team when the manager has only been at the club for a month, especially when we’ve had players out injured that he hasn’t worked with yet

Certain sections seem to think that the whole squad was just going to be ripped up and thrown out the door in a few short weeks and replaced in that same amount of time, it doesn’t ever work like that, every player needs a fair crack of the whip to see who has the bottle to stay and fight for their places and who doesn’t

If there were players available that could have done a job and were affordable we would have seen them, Vecino was one of them, but people moaned about that and then didn’t seem fussed when Inter changed their minds. Ancelotti himself has said in his presser that there wasn’t a good opportunity and that he wasn’t anxious to sign just anyone, I’d trust his opinion over any of the ‘experts’ on here
Absolutely spot on.

Loads of FIFA/Footy Manager 'experts' on GOT these days. Makes me laugh.

We have one of the worst midfields in the league.

Paper over it any way you want it’s criminal playing another 14 games when it’s wide open with hopeless gutless wonders like schnerderlin and Davies in there. Sideways passing and the control of a kerb.

absolute dross clubs like villa have a better midfield.

They’ve failed to reinforce and they’ve failed to ship out deadwood so far.

we’re starting games handicapped before a ball is kicked.

couple of injuries or a loss at watford and all the people claiming they’re so happy with be calling for brands head on a spit.

Status
Not open for further replies.