Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
who says we bid for Vecino? Barcelona may have sounded Everton out about if £85m would get him and Everton said no and then released this news in some sly way to boost the perception.

I don't think we did bid for Vecino. In fact no reliable sources have said we have and I've said as much on here - as have a lot of others.

Only thing I was saying is I don't think he'd be a good signing IF the money touted was true.

This info is from the club. Barca haven't bid and there hasn't been contact (yet - obviously).

And Barca are laughing it off at their end too.

Just conjuncture of course....but it could be seen that they’ve telegraphed his availability and price. He can’t “be gone” just like that. You do need a buyer with the right amount of money.

What are you on about?

If the bid was real then it was rejected and they’ve said he’s not for sale

That’s the complete opposite of telegraphing his availability and price

What are you on about?

If the bid was real then it was rejected and they’ve said he’s not for sale

That’s the complete opposite of telegraphing his availability and price

Since when were “not for sale” comments from football clubs a reliable ointment of reassurance for fans? There was no bid from Barcelona though, I do believe that. But the story has come from somewhere. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility - knowing what we know about the finances in particular, and also the club’s general aptitude for poor judgement calls - that the story was generated by club’s sources in a deliberate attempt to flush out interested, and loaded, suitors. Just conjecture as I’ve already said but it’ll be interesting to see what happens with Richarlison in the summer window.

No. There was no bid from Barcelona. But the story has come from somewhere. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility - knowing what we know about the finances in particular, and also the club’s general aptitude for poor judgement calls - that the story was generated by club’s sources in a deliberate attempt to flush out interested, and loaded, suitors. Just conjecture as I’ve already said but it’ll be interesting to see what happens with Richarlison in the summer window.

How does saying a player is not for sale at any price encourage other clubs to bid tho?

Not for sale is code for “You’re not offering the right amount of money”. That holds true in lots of negotiation tactics in a wide spectrum of business and private sales!

And who exactly isn’t offering the right amount of money if there has been no bid!?

If there had been an official bid I would agree with what you’re saying but you’ve said yourself there’s been no bid from Barca.

So in the case that there are currently no interested parties, I don’t see how announcing that a player is not for sale at any price could possibly attract interest which wasn’t previously there!

And who exactly isn’t offering the right amount of money if there has been no bid!?

If there had been an official bid I would agree with what you’re saying but you’ve said yourself there’s been no bid from Barca.

So in the case that there are currently no interested parties, I don’t see how announcing that a player is not for sale at any price could possibly attract interest which wasn’t previously there!

We’re going around in circles mate. I’ve become very cynical with football in general. I can absolutely envisage a club thrusting an asset into the consciousness of potential buyers by making up a story they’ve rejected a sale at x amount and then sitting back hoping a buyer tests them by offering x+y amount.

It’ll all come out in the wash in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.