January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs and Man U signing talented players whilst we sit on our backside as per.

We have absolutely no clubs willing to take our deadwood off our hands because they’re so terrible at the football and therefore have an over-inflated wage budget which puts us at risk of being penalised. simple as that.

Fixed ;)

Oumar has a straight choice between city and rs. Apparently he is delaying his decision until the end of the window. Doesn't give us much time to replace him but hopefully we've got something in the pipeline

Normally I'd be frustrated but let's be honest, this season is a write-off. Going with what we have will see us through fine, give Carlo the chance to see his full squad and then hopefully leave us with the time and resources to strengthen sensibly in the summer. Especially when/if contracts expire and deadwood can be flogged.
Having Gomes and Gbamin next season will already make the team better.

VVD is the same player he was at Celtic and Grealish is the same player he was 3 years ago. They are just doing it on a different stage. Brands was brought in to sign young players, and I assume, improve our finances through profits on sales. We cannot be spending £60m on Grealish, it makes us much sense as spending £45m on Sigurdsson.
Totally agree, I said when VVD was at Celtic that he was class but my mates said it was because he was in Scotland. It was because he was superb not the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.