January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Tuttomercato saying the ball is now in Everton’s court regarding Matias Vecino. Inter have dropped their asking price from €25m to €20m but the Toffees have submitted a €14m bid which has been rejected.

....Tuttomercato saying the ball is now in Everton’s court regarding Matias Vecino. Inter have dropped their asking price from €25m to €20m but the Toffees have submitted a €14m bid which has been rejected.
It will happen being €20m but it will be add ons I would assume. It’s a story that hasn’t gone away so who knows

to be honest I’m comfortable buying a 28 year old for around £15m - gives you hope that we can cover that by selling one of Schneiderlin, Tosun or Sigurdsson.

get the wages down, so even if he’s not amazing you’re replacing one not amazing player with another, and getting the squad weekly wage down.

Sounds like it's doable, 14m rising to 18m with addons after a certain number of games played and if we qualify for europe

Thats about 12 million pounds isn't it? Brands is a good negotiator when buying and I sense we will get our man for close to what we want, or not at all.

to be honest I’m comfortable buying a 28 year old for around £15m - gives you hope that we can cover that by selling one of Schneiderlin, Tosun or Sigurdsson.

get the wages down, so even if he’s not amazing you’re replacing one not amazing player with another, and getting the squad weekly wage down.
Sorry mate but no team is going to buy any of those three off us. They earn too much and are all too old and nowhere near good enough to justify earning anywhere near what they do. Also add Iwobi, Walcott and Keane to that. They're stuck with us until their contracts are out, a la Niasse, Sandro, Martina, Stekelenberg.

What do you think of his all round game?

I haven’t seen him mate, when I say “underwhelming” I’m referring to the fact he’s unwanted at Inter clearly and his age. So on paper it doesn’t look that exciting.

that said, he’s an international midfielder with a good number of caps and if Ancelotti wants him then I suppose we just get behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.