January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took 5 min to read the last few pages, and it's time I'll never get back

With all that's gone down the last few years with our horrible transfers, I'm mad that we can't bank roll transfers right now when we need it the most, because we're paying a bunch of idiots who can't play footy well. That's the reason why we're wumming it up. But at least we managed to somehow enchant a world class manager to help sort us out, despite the lack of quality we have in the squad

.....the end of the window is very much in sight, here’s the Toffee transfer round-up for Sunday 26th January;

- Nicola Schira is described as a ‘reliable transfer expert’ and tweeted to say Everton are in talks to sign Gremio forward, Everton Soares and Inter Milan midfielder, Matias Vecino. Negotiations with 28 year old Vecino are advanced, the Toffees are offering a contract until 2024 and have submitted a €15m bid, but Inter want €20m.

- According to UOL, Everton are submitting a €25m bid for Soares in a deal which could rise to €30m with bonuses. The Toffees have sent a salary agreement to the 23 year old Brazilian international.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton will cash-in if Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson joins AC Milan for £10m. The Toffees inserted a sell-on clause for the US international when he left Goodison.

- The Athletic suggest Everton are willing to listen to offers for 30 year old midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin this month. The Frenchman has 18 months left on his contract.

- Football Insider claim Everton have rejected the chance to sign Jean-Kevin Augustin who is currently on loan at Monaco from Leipzig. The 22 year old striker is now expected to join Leeds United.

Hope we get at least 2 in, if we also get 1 more out that would be great. It looks like Everton Soares and Vecino are most likely, but it can change going into the deadline day. I'm a bit surprise we have passed on Augustin, given that we now play with 2 strikers and we only have 3. maybe we want someone with more experience. I can't see anyone taking schniederlin, I think he will either see out his contract or go on a season long loan in the summer with us still paying half his wages. I am a little surprised we haven't been linked with another CB

Hope we get at least 2 in, if we also get 1 more out that would be great. It looks like Everton Soares and Vecino are most likely, but it can change going into the deadline day. I'm a bit surprise we have passed on Augustin, given that we now play with 2 strikers and we only have 3. maybe we want someone with more experience. I can't see anyone taking schniederlin, I think he will either see out his contract or go on a season long loan in the summer with us still paying half his wages. I am a little surprised we haven't been linked with another CB

...agree. I know we’ve brought in Branthwaite but I thought a first team CB would be a priority. Perhaps the player they want isn’t available, or they want to move one of the existing defenders on first.

Status
Not open for further replies.