January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any midfielder that can retrieve and retain the ball will do for now. Once Gbamin and Gomes are back in the mix ( not holding my breath, could be months) we have a glut of options.

Yep dirty Leeds but some great players. There is a story called battle of goodison 1964. You can Google it. Just before my match going time. Some of the older lads might remember it. Ref took the teams off for about 10.minutes I think cos the crowd at goodison was so angry at dirty Leeds and everton were replying in kind. Think the ref thought the crowd was going to rip Leeds apart. This prompted the News of the World the next day to proclaim that Everton supporters were the “roughest, rowdiest rabble who watches British soccer
I was there as a 12 year old still coming to terms with the matchday experience. It was a tackle on Temple that really capped it all. Temple was stretchered ofr and there was allsorts going on Giles and Bremner heavily involved. Hated Leeds to this day.

He wouldn't be available. And would cost £40-50million if he was.

We really just need a solid back up CB rather than changing another CB partnership IMO. Holgate and Mina are solid enough
Been a shadow of himself compared to last season. Maybe we saw him at his best. More options perhaps at a lower price.

Everyone hitching their wagons to Gomes and Gbamin. They won’t be back competitively and match fit for ages.

even when they were match fit there were massive question marks. Gomes contributes very little and Gbamin had two appearances where he looked average and that’s being generous.

we need midfield reinforcements now. Tom Davies is an absolute joke of a player. Gives the ball away all the time and doesn’t score, tackle or assist. Delph looks like a parody just shouts a lot and has cost us points on more than one occasion. Schnerderlin is totally devoid of a spine. Even Sigurdsson has done his best impression of the ghost that walks. Able to disappear for 90mins despite the talent.

My dog's better than them 3.

Looks very good in his youtube vids .....yeah i know !!!
Tough tackler , box to box , fairly quick and good passer. But yeah much better than what we have & if Carlo wants him why not.
But how long would it be before he'd be Evertoned yes I'm using it as a verb it means moving to a club and becoming lazy and useless.. he was a box to box tough tackling hard working midfielder but he moved to Everton and was evertoned within half an hour of signing.

Some of yous are missing the point with soares, doesn’t matter where he plays and who instead of.

The point is , his name is Everton. Not bothered if he’s rubbish, we have a chance for Everton vs Everton with Everton scoring.

Name me a better achievement in footy. You can’t.

Plus the crowd chanting "EVERTON"

Yep dirty Leeds but some great players. There is a story called battle of goodison 1964. You can Google it. Just before my match going time. Some of the older lads might remember it. Ref took the teams off for about 10.minutes I think cos the crowd at goodison was so angry at dirty Leeds and everton were replying in kind. Think the ref thought the crowd was going to rip Leeds apart. This prompted the News of the World the next day to proclaim that Everton supporters were the “roughest, rowdiest rabble who watches British soccer

I was at that game, there was a near riot.

Personally like the move to get another CM. Have two unknowns in Gomes and Gbamin coming off injuries.

Competition is the best thing you can have. Makes everyone step up their game if someone is waiting in the wings to take their spot. Gives Carlo options and can rotate if needed as well.

Would be a decent window if we got in Everton and Vecino/Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.