January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elche have confirmed Roma have made an offer for Gonzalo Villar, the Spain U21 central midfielder. Said to be 5m Euros. Looks a tidy passer but maybe we have chosen Evander, who could be the next Ronaldinho.

Vecino looks good, a ball-spraying CM who can also get stuck in, but Inter will try to rip us off. He is 29 in August, they don't want him, we shouldn't be spending £20m on him IMO. Loan is best.

Remember that now that you reminded me, one sly, hard team that Leeds team though.
Yep dirty Leeds but some great players. There is a story called battle of goodison 1964. You can Google it. Just before my match going time. Some of the older lads might remember it. Ref took the teams off for about 10.minutes I think cos the crowd at goodison was so angry at dirty Leeds and everton were replying in kind. Think the ref thought the crowd was going to rip Leeds apart. This prompted the News of the World the next day to proclaim that Everton supporters were the “roughest, rowdiest rabble who watches British soccer

Do we think its sensible dropping money on central midfield players, popular logic is we have JPG and Gomes as starters, yep they are injured but surely when fit they are close to being our starting central midfield.

Schnederln is low hanging fruit, arguably Gylfi to, but unless we have deals lined up for them they are here until the summer.

Strikes me as little point just piling players on players.

I'd imagine the vecino link would be a loan with a option to buy.

Yep dirty Leeds but some great players. There is a story called battle of goodison 1964. You can Google it. Just before my match going time. Some of the older lads might remember it. Ref took the teams off for about 10.minutes I think cos the crowd at goodison was so angry at dirty Leeds and everton were replying in kind. Think the ref thought the crowd was going to rip Leeds apart. This prompted the News of the World the next day to proclaim that Everton supporters were the “roughest, rowdiest rabble who watches British soccer

Will have a look later at that, ta, was a great team the Leeds one from 1970, we won the league and deservedly so, but Leeds ran us close. Funny thing is I could still name them 1-11 even now. They were universally hated though for their antics.

Vecino is an upgrade on our current fit midfielders (may be an upgrade on Gbamin and Gomes for all we know) but just doesnt excite me as the sort of signing that will come in and transform our midfield which we desperately need.

We'll see I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.