2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure near the end he got put through and ended up running into there player instead of slowing the play or even holding it up

All 3 subs were poor by the way
I'm not saying Niasse was good, but I am saying that our possession dropped from 61% to 32% before and after the Coleman sub and that was a much bigger problem.

I'm not saying Niasse was good, but I am saying that our possession dropped from 61% to 32% before and after the Coleman sub and that was a much bigger problem.

Am no manager by any stretch but wouldn't of been the worst shout bringing keane on and going 3 at the back with two wing backs personally but i haven't won a egg and spoon race never mind cups

Am no manager by any stretch but wouldn't of been the worst shout bringing keane on and going 3 at the back with two wing backs personally but i haven't won a egg and spoon race never mind cups
Our team can't possess the ball unless Sidibe is the RB and Digne is the LB. Our midfield stinks so have those two wide is the only way to hide it.

The fans clapped a lot is now the metric for whether a player is good or not. Sound.
Bernard was excellent yesterday and that’s why we gave him a standing ovation, as he fully deserved it.
This iguana fella has an irrational hatred for Bernard. Just take a look through this thread, if anyone has posted more than him in it I would be staggered. If Bernard plays well he slags him off making out it was a one off, if he has a quiet game he starts rubbing his thighs like Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars. Half the time he uses stats to bytch him out, when his stats are good he says that the stats can't be trusted. He's a total melt.

This iguana fella has an irrational hatred for Bernard. Just take a look through this thread, if anyone has posted more than him in it I would be staggered. If Bernard plays well he slags him off making out it was a one off, if he has a quiet game he starts rubbing his thighs like Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars. Half the time he uses stats to bytch him out, when his stats are good he says that the stats can't be trusted. He's a total melt.
The stats aren't good. They've never been good.

And I didn't say they can't be trusted, I said it would be nice if people would accept that predictive stats have value and that goals and assists aren't everything, but I've given up on that.

The stats aren't good. They've never been good.

And I didn't say they can't be trusted, I said it would be nice if people would accept that predictive stats have value and that goals and assists aren't everything, but I've given up on that.

You gotta admit its a weird little vendetta you have against him.

He was the best player on the pitch last night, danced all over it and made us tick going forwards but you wont even accept that, to you he was wasteful.

Its just silly at that point really.

He was the best player on the pitch last night, danced all over it and made us tick going forwards but you wont even accept that, to you he was wasteful.

He had two chances created. Walcott and Digne both had more. He was wasteful. He looked really good at times but the final ball aside from one moment was poor. If Kean misses are we saying he's wasteful? If the answer's yes then Kean scoring shouldn't change that.

He's amazing at finding space and attacking it. He wastes it constantly. The assist last night brings him down to a 1 in 5 player from 1 in 6. Again the stats are not good.

And as much as everyone tells me he's a joy to watch I find the moments of joy to be fleeting and the more dominant emotion to be frustration. Which is how I feel watching Walcott and Iwobi too.

He had two chances created. Walcott and Digne both had more. He was wasteful. He looked really good at times but the final ball aside from one moment was poor. If Kean misses are we saying he's wasteful? If the answer's yes then Kean scoring shouldn't change that.

He's amazing at finding space and attacking it. He wastes it constantly. The assist last night brings him down to a 1 in 5 player from 1 in 6. Again the stats are not good.

And as much as everyone tells me he's a joy to watch I find the moments of joy to be fleeting and the more dominant emotion to be frustration. Which is how I feel watching Walcott and Iwobi too.
When he's good, he's really not that good, when he's bad, he's terrible. The Big Iguana narrative, strange fella.

When he's good, he's really not that good, when he's bad, he's terrible. The Big Iguana narrative, strange fella.
I mean you've summed it up well. I don't think he's that good so when he steps up and plays "well," people go crazy when in reality he's only played at a level that should be his baseline every week. Yesterday was probably one of his 2 or 3 best games this season and I think a good winger would be having a game like that be his average week.

You really have nailed it there. When everyone thinks he's played well he's typically put in a performance that for actually good wingers is just an average to slightly above average game but when he's off his game, as his level is already a notch below, he's hardly PL standard. Well in mate.

He dug his grave with Iwobi. Insinuated that board members were racist for criticizing him and can’t stand that Bernard has proven himself to be the more effective player. At least thus far

He dug his grave with Iwobi. Insinuated that board members were racist for criticizing him and can’t stand that Bernard has proven himself to be the more effective player. At least thus far

I personally have been very harsh on Iwobi.

Im gonna be honest he never looked amazing for Arsenal and for us he had a few decent moments, but honestly he looks like he struggles to run.

Im rooting for Marcel as I always do, but I think hes got this 1 way off.

I personally have been very harsh on Iwobi.

Im gonna be honest he never looked amazing for Arsenal and for us he had a few decent moments, but honestly he looks like he struggles to run.

Im rooting for Marcel as I always do, but I think hes got this 1 way off.
He is awful out wide. Which is why we bought him. Most of what I’ve seen from him in the middle is promising, but we never see him there, and unfortunately for Iwobi, I don’t think he will get the chance to showcase himself there either.

And as I have said before, I caught myself watching more of the Arse than I’d like last season and Iwobi was always a bit of a calamity to me. I’m not surprised in the least that he has struggled in the league for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.