2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the players are just too rubbish. That’s the simple truth. They’re trying to play up to stay part of Carlo’s plans but what they put in at Anfield and the debacle last night will have shown him that very few can be trusted. They crumble at the slightest bit of pressure. Top 6 would be here for us this season if we wanted it but these players choke at the slightest sniff of achievement of any kind.

I don't think that is going to happen, nor should it.
This is exactly what we are trying to get away from by giving large amounts of money to managers who purchase players they want , the manager then leaves the club and we are left with a group of players some of which the new manager has no use for.

This is the reason we have such a large stock of unwanted players.

CA is unlikely to stay at Everton for a very long period and we have to work at buying players that are still wanted after he leaves.

The manager knows by now what he wants and what he needs. He will have gone to the DOF with a list of certain specific players I am sure but also a list of the type of player he wants.
We all now the weak points in the team and in my opinion more than anything we need to buy leaders for the team as they are sadly missing in my opinion.

You seem to have the idea that it is CA versus MB whereas the reality is that it is them working in tandem. CA is a vastly experienced and successful manager, nobody would think that his opinions and wishes will be ignored and players that will be brought in will be to fill the gaps he has identified.
But, I think MB will be coming to Ancelloti with a list of players as well and each player will be discussed and decided on by both.
Wrong in almost every single way.

There has been a catastrophe in the transfer activity of this club. That's come about through a system whereby the manager is sidelined in consideration of players. Now that we have a proven winner of a manager, we need to break from the DoF BS post that's wasted half a billion in 4 years and give sole repsonsibility to the manager...that';s a system we've had at this club for all our history and it's only been deserted over the past 4 disastrous years.

We need a root and branch solution here. The last thing we need is to be retaining the same sorry system that got us into this pit of despair.

I’m not saying he’s completely blameless but Experienced pro’s like Digne/Delph should be screaming at the players to keep the ball after the first goal! It’s not bleedin hard when we’ve just done it for the 93 previous minutes with ease.

They absolutely should be yes.

Reactions: JLW
I'm almost, almost tempted to accuse him of being naive.. but then this is Everton Football Club so he gets a pass for now.

He'll learn very quickly how much of a meme we are I'm sure.

Wrong in almost every single way.

There has been a catastrophe in the transfer activity of this club. That's come about through a system whereby the manager is sidelined in consideration of players. Now that we have a proven winner of a manager, we need to break from the DoF BS post that's wasted half a billion in 4 years and give sole repsonsibility to the manager...that';s a system we've had at this club for all our history and it's only been deserted over the past 4 disastrous years.

We need a root and branch solution here. The last thing we need is to be retaining the same sorry system that got us into this pit of despair.

How many times do you need telling? Absolutely no big team with ambition gives sole transfer responsibility to a manager, every club has a DoF working with the manager on signings. The last incumbent to be given sole responsibility landed us with a player we still cannot shift who shouldn’t have been signed in the first place

The squad is short as is it though, we have to rotate even if the players we are rotating into the side are dreadful. We cant afford any more injuries so can understand why he is trying to keep as many of the first team fit and firing. At 2-0 up with literally a minute left we should be able to expect any 11 on the pitch to see the game out. His subs didnt work but can understand why he made them. Main thing is the players he brought on clearly are not up to task.

Of course we should.

As a collective it wasn't good enough though and he's the manager. It shouldn't happen.

We've gone from a very decent performance/win (being 8th two points off fifth) to staying planted in mid-table. Albeit the gap's still not big, but we've now got a 10-day break and it's absolutely infuriating.

People say Ancleotti wants a clear out etc.

I wouldn't bank on it - FFP and Brands/Kenwrights lack of decisive actions means I cant see more than 2-3 players in the door at most in the summer.

The board will just be praying Gomes and Gbamin come back from injury okay & that they can sign a RW & CB and that be it imo.

It’s lucky you can’t see into the future then.

It's going to take time isn't it. He's developed us from a side capable of a decent 10 minutes to a side capable of playing a decent half to a side capable of a very good 90 minute performance. He probably underestimated how thick some of them are when he explained to them that he expected them to play for '90' minutes.

He's experienced enough that he'll have learned lessons about this squad and the club in general over the last few weeks, I'm sure.

In many ways, he's my last hope that we'll actually ever begin to be taken seriously again.. but my word does he have his work cut out for him.

If he actually manages the almost unthinkable and makes us competitive again then he surely has to go down as one of the greatest of all time.

Did not like his interview with the bbc after the game. Comparing the experience last night with what happened to him against liverpool in the final of the champions league is not good enough. For me there is a huge difference between the 2...one you're facing much better team than the Newcastle team last night...second you change the direction of the match by changing the wrong players and becoming super defensive when we were not only controlling the match but creating many opportunities to score more. Went down in my estimation as he should have said sorry I got it wrong and it will not happen again.

Did not like his interview with the bbc after the game. Comparing the experience last night with what happened to him against liverpool in the final of the champions league is not good enough. For me there is a huge difference between the 2...one you're facing much better team than the Newcastle team last night...second you change the direction of the match by changing the wrong players and becoming super defensive when we were not only controlling the match but creating many opportunities to score more. Went down in my estimation as he should have said sorry I got it wrong and it will not happen again.

Shades of Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.