January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all depends on how Gbamin gets on, if it’s thought he can start to play sometime in feb, we don’t really need a midfielder. But saying that I would still like a CB and CM to come in.

From a fantasy POV I just want us to bring in reinforcements so the likes of Davies, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Oumar Niasse never get a look in again this season.

Get Lascelles signed, purely to breath over any bottleless shirker that still wangles a way to wear the blue shirt. 50m if it worked would be a bargain.

Whys he still at Newcastle if that's a bargain? Same as ake, they can look good at these small clubs, but stepping up to us is totally different. It's why I never wanted Michael Keane, he played for a team with no adventure whatsoever, defending was twice as easy. We require a lot more than that here and if lascelles was that good of a player and leader he'd already be at a club at least our level.

I hope Carlo learned at least that Davies is not the man to control a game.
I found it somehow ironic that when you want to keep the ball and wind down time for the win, Ancelotti decided to bring on the one player that seems to consistently lose the ball and pass to the opposition (I know a lot of our players do that but Davies does it more than most)

I think the last month has showed major issues in several areas that even a few positive results cannot hide.

1) We have a lot of gutless players - This has been a trend for a long time now and its clear that we dont have a captain in the traditional sense, Digne is not a captain as far as I can see. We either need to tell Mina/Holgate that they have the freedom to run the dressing room along with Dunc (as those two are the only ones who command any kind of captain like image in my opinion).

2) Our midfield is a mess - When we play any combination of Snides/Siggy/Delph/Davies, we dont have any legs or real desire to take the ball forward. A midfield of Andre and Gbamin may be different but that is some way off. I think we are missing someone like a Barkley who will run with the ball and push their midfield back, ours just passes sideways or backwards. Most teams have someone who can do this, look at the likes of Villa who have Grealish and McGinn.

3) We cant address much of the above until we get some big wages off the books.

All that being said, I am a little bit gutted we haven't been linked with Jude Bellingham who looks off to Man Utd for £25m. From everything I read about this kid, he is 16 and going to be a top top player so it looks like we have missed the boat on that one because nobody was linked to him until Utd were this week.

Y’know what, the more these disgraceful displays happen, the more Ancelotti sees that this squad is nowhere near good enough. No papering over the cracks with an 8th place finish this year.

We are genuinely terrible.

Mina, Holgate, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Bernard and Kean can stay, the rest should be transfer listed.

I'd guess he knew this long before last night.

Its fair to question his substitutions but we had that match sewn up and blew it, it was unforgivable.
Most watching it feared the worst or even expected it after the first went in and I'm sure the payers on the pitch did as well. The mentality throughout the whole club isn't good. The flaky snowman needs replaced with something much more robust, unfortunately it will take time. Confidence is a great thing (as per DCL) however last night will have been devastating to the team and theres a big job to be done by the coaching team between now and Watford away.

I do think there are some positive signs coming through, but you cant polish a turd.

I think the last month has showed major issues in several areas that even a few positive results cannot hide.

1) We have a lot of gutless players - This has been a trend for a long time now and its clear that we dont have a captain in the traditional sense, Digne is not a captain as far as I can see. We either need to tell Mina/Holgate that they have the freedom to run the dressing room along with Dunc (as those two are the only ones who command any kind of captain like image in my opinion).

2) Our midfield is a mess - When we play any combination of Snides/Siggy/Delph/Davies, we dont have any legs or real desire to take the ball forward. A midfield of Andre and Gbamin may be different but that is some way off. I think we are missing someone like a Barkley who will run with the ball and push their midfield back, ours just passes sideways or backwards. Most teams have someone who can do this, look at the likes of Villa who have Grealish and McGinn.

3) We cant address much of the above until we get some big wages off the books.

All that being said, I am a little bit gutted we haven't been linked with Jude Bellingham who looks off to Man Utd for £25m. From everything I read about this kid, he is 16 and going to be a top top player so it looks like we have missed the boat on that one because nobody was linked to him until Utd were this week.

If we could get Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Delph out and signed Bellingham + 1 more u23 then that would be fine until the summer.

We also have Onyango the same as in midfield.

Should be after these young players and creating pathways through getting rid of the dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.