January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like Douglas Luíz at Villa and Grealish too obviously. Never happening unless they go down I guess. We proper need some quality in soon.

Can is better than our midfield options at the moment but should that really be the yardstick? We should be aiming to sign players who will be better than most midfielders in the league, not the squad. Would take him on loan probably just because of how short we are but certainly think there’s better out there!

Emre Can, German international, played for Liverpool and Juventus but not good enough for 11th placed Everton, lovely stuff.

Deluded doesn’t even come close.

...I really don’t think these things are that simple. I think he’s only played 8 times for Juventus and is out of the team. The players character would be an issue for me. I have no problem with him moving on a Bosman but his salary is now over £4m per year and he’ll have pocketed £m‘s when signing.

One report says he wants a 5 year deal. No doubt a good footballer, but I wonder if the game really matters to him. We already have too many expensive millstones around the club.

Emre Can, German international, played for Liverpool and Juventus but not good enough for 11th placed Everton, lovely stuff.

It’s not just about that though is it? How many players have we brought in with similar credentials and they’ve been disappointing/the jury is still out on them? If we signed him we’d certainly be paying him a huge wage, he’s had his move to a big club so what else does he have to play for? As much risk in a transfer like that as there is in a youngster imo.

Only 12days left of window and still all we have is paper talk. It is time to turn paper talk into players in a blue shirt, surely Brands had some ideas of players we would go for long before the window opened. We may have changed the manager but if Ancelotti has rejected them all it makes me wander what is the point of having a DFO. Let's hope we will be given some good news soon. Surely it is better to have a new player at the beginning of January and not the beginning of February.
Relax lad.. no value to be had in January, it's a crap time to buy players, remember we just posted a 110 million loss, we can't go jizzing money now and then again in the summer, FFP is over 3 years our last 3 years -110 -13 and +30, so the +30 will be erased from FFP reckoning next year. Unless we can come up with some more shady deals from Usmanov we need to post substantial profit in the next accounts to avoid punishment.

...I really don’t think these things are that simple. I think he’s only played 8 times for Juventus and is out of the team. The players character would be an issue for me. I have no problem with him moving on a Bosman but his salary is now over £4m per year and he’ll have pocketed £m‘s when signing.

One report says he wants a 5 year deal. No doubt a good footballer, but I wonder if the game really matters to him. We already have too many expensive millstones around the club.

8 times this season. 37 appearances last season for one of the best sides in Europe.

It’s hard to judge if players just want moves for money. If he moves to play more and get a chance at the Euros, it’s a great reason for him to move.

Hes a utility type of midfielder. Hes not agile or skilful or intelligent enough to be a playmaker nor is he fast or disciplined enough to do the holding/technical fouling.

Signing him would not signify a significant step up in quality for the cash outlay.

This window move on Niasse, Martina, Morgan (if possible)
Bring in a loan midfielder with a option to buy.

Summer
Out:
Keane
Walcott
Gylfi
Kenny
Besic
Tosun

In
CB
RB(Sidibie or Aarons)
RW
ST

Can and Vecino totally uninspiring rumours, go out and get Sangare or somebody for less

Only on this fourm would you see Someone call a player who's been in a champions league final and Europa league finalin two seasons uninspiring. Yet crying out for some kid who's had one half decent season in a pub league lol

Can on loan till the summer would he very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.