January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can remember the RS crying like big babies when Can left, so they must have rated him, and the club that took him on was Juventus, so he must have some real quality. I’d love us to sign him. Right age as well. He’d improve our midfield no end.
Rs mates at work who are season ticket holders say he top player when he on it. They were annoyed that he left especially on a free. Now I’m not saying take there word for it, but they are more of the realistic reds than most who think they deserve everything. Can actually have a realistic conversation with these ones. And all this was when he was playing for them I haven’t spoke to them since we been linked with him. From what I saw he is definitely better than any of midfield at present I know that ain’t a high bench mark to be fair.

Yeah I think you’re right , if I have thought of that scenario you can guarantee the people running clubs for billionaires will have thought of it too. Would be the death of football , fans not being able to afford to watch their team home and away each week etc not good for anyone concerned apart from owners being able to milk tv money from the deal.
You do realise that the vast majority of clubs regardless of the may say in public do not give a fiddlers about their fans
It’s all about the money
It’s a business
Our customers etc

I know but Juventus still committed €4m per year wages, and €16m on the other signing-on/agent fees, and if they don't want him now, they shouldn't expect a big fee IMO. Not in their CL squad. In the past days there are plenty of stories about Juventus falling foul of FFP too.
I thought I read somewhere that Juve had just issued a 300 m euro rights issue to help with FFP

I wouldn't write off the season just yet and would spend on a striker. A striker can hit the ground running and could allow Richie to move out wide, then can play Bernard on the other wing.

Centre back is all about partnerships and bringing in someone mid season isn't the answer for me so would stick with Holgate/Mina and spend big in the summer.
Moise Kean likes this

Players clearly not good enough to be playing for us going into the future:

Niasse
Delph
Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Coleman
Walcott

Kean needs time, still a kid but the others have had ample opportunity and are on big bucks. Lot of work to do.
A very conservative list that
I could add another half dozen without drawing breath

So you are saying Guinness or it’s after effects played no hand act or part in the affair of the typo

...ha, ha, Bri. afternoon in the pub on Guinness, then a session on the rum with my daughter who stayed in ours last night but I was up doing the transfer round-up after letting her dog out at 05.10am this morning. The Guinness is never an excuse!!

Status
Not open for further replies.