£110m loss for past 13 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%.

Wages are 85% of turnover ffs. TV income accounts for a huge slice of our revenue. The absolute useless ***** running the club have overseen us make less money and our commercial income FALL since the last accounts. How is that even possible?

"Uncle Uzi"

Unbelievable.

The AGM last night was nothing short of a dishonest ambush of their own membership by the club.

Still, "Uzzi's not arsed, lad". The club will be spending billions.

"Uncle Uzzi."

FFS, no wonder we've been turd for almost three decades.

"Blue Bill", "The Mosh", "Uncle Uzzi".

Stockholm Syndrome.

We're bottom half, a squad full of trash, miles off any new stadium.

£110M losses. "Uncle Uzzi's not arsed lad".

giphy.gif

"Everton made a profit of £30m in 2017 followed by a loss of £13m last year so are inside the maximum loss figure over the current three-year cycle, but will need to post a significant profit to comply next season."

What does this mean for us in terms of transfer fees now, including this window? Looks like we are going to have to sell big and buy cheaper, and continue to do this for a few seasons? We might need to give Gordon and others a chance and cut our losses big-time on players like Sigurdsson. Pickford may still get us a big fee like £50m from someone. I really hope we don't sell Richarlison for a mega-fee. Brands is gonna have to get us some good fees I think.

"Uncle Uzzi."

FFS, no wonder we've been turd for almost three decades.

"Blue Bill", "The Mosh", "Uncle Uzzi".

Stockholm Syndrome.

We're bottom half, a squad full of trash, miles off any new stadium.

£110M losses. "Uncle Uzzi's not arsed lad".

We could be top half come 5pm on Saturday after a 4th win in 5, the operating losses will be significantly reduced by the time the 2021 AGM comes round and we will more than likely have no club debt for the first time in 30 years plus we will have an answer on the planning permission within the next 2-3 months

Unfortunately stuck with all until contract runs out. Maybe Sigurdsson if some team takes the bait.

Unfortunately I can see some kind of situation where we have to pay half their wages either on loans or just for the rest of their contracts, but I guess that's still half the amount we'd be shelling out if we just kept them in the reserves?

We have effectively began the Man city model of using ourselves as a sponsor. Man City have shown you can do this with ease, making a mockery of FFP and spending endlessly. If USM has the money and the ambitious intent he is suggesting he does, we'll be grand and free to spend at will

But FFP was introduced to stop the Man City model, us trying to copy it is a risky move as they'll want to make an example of someone. This "option" of naming rights for more than any PL actual naming rights have ever gone for is ridiculous and if it was any other club we'd be screaming for it to be investigated.

We may be lucky to get away with this one and the training ground one but we can't do it again.

"Everton made a profit of £30m in 2017 followed by a loss of £13m last year so are inside the maximum loss figure over the current three-year cycle, but will need to post a significant profit to comply next season."

What does this mean for us in terms of transfer fees now, including this window? Looks like we are going to have to sell big and buy cheaper, and continue to do this for a few seasons? We might need to give Gordon and others a chance and cut our losses big-time on players like Sigurdsson. Pickford may still get us a big fee like £50m from someone. I really hope we don't sell Richarlison for a mega-fee. Brands is gonna have to get us some good fees I think.

Pickford for £50m if we can find a good keeper for less sounds like the perfect solution to me. If he wasnt English he wouldn't be worth that much so I can't imagine it's an impossible task. Better than selling any of the decent outfield players like richarlison and Digne.

Unfortunately I can see some kind of situation where we have to pay half their wages either on loans or just for the rest of their contracts, but I guess that's still half the amount we'd be shelling out if we just kept them in the reserves?
Apparently Palace are paying all of Tosun's £100k a week wages plus a £1m loan fee. If the team want the player enough then they'll pay the wages. I guess it's no different to getting a player on a free transfer. Sigurdsson could do very well in the right kind of team so I'm pretty sure we'd be able to offload him somwhere.

I know we have wasted alot of money - but if we finish top 7 this season surely its been worth it?

Top 4 has become just as hard to achieve for giants like Utd and Arsenal these days hence why it was always going to be a challenge.

Just as well we got the league to OK it first then, isn't it?

Dry your eyes wall-botherer.
Absolutely! If the premierleague thought there was anything dodgy they would have flagged it up, they certainly wouldn’t be saying “ok we’ll check it out in March”. There is an establishment that doesn’t want change, doesn’t want its traditional big clubs to be challenged. If we’d broken any rules we’d have been picked up on it already - just a few teams crying because they didn’t think of it first

Get Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sandro, Bolasie, Tosun and Martina off the wage bill and we are £30m per year better off. Simples.

Get Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sandro, Bolasie, Tosun and Martina off the wage bill and we are £30m per year better off. Simples.

My worry is that we won't be able to make high-profile signings for big fees in upcoming transfer windows without selling big too even if we shift the likes of who you mentioned. Which would be a shame. Ancelotti mentioned staying within FFP in one of his first press conferences too. We probably should have lowered our asking price for the likes of Bolasie, Tosun and Niasse ages and ages ago. But Ancelotti has bought previously unknown players who became superstars many, many times for low fees from many different leagues so I am not too worried!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.